TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres this vid of some dude saying that he has a v8 sho with a 5 speed but then says he's joking. Well after reading some of the comments, it says that a manual swap can be done using the tranny off a mazda 6 because they have the same bellhousing. Is this true??

here's a link to the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2pRb1reank

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
There is a guy who has done this that is on the V8SHO.com email list. My dad used to have a SHO, so I joined the list and have just kind of been reading what I want here and there. He posted pictures too, but I think I have since put them in the digital round file. I think the Mazda bell "mostly" bolted up but still needed some modification. I forget what he did about the clutch pedal and such. From what I recall, it ended up being a LOT of fabrication work.

-Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
first generation sho's (1989) did indeed have a manual tranny option. so did the 3.4L engine option. i don't think the 3.0L engine had a 5 speed tranny option. once the taurus went through the redesign ( i think it was 91?) the manual option was dropped all together. can it be converted? anything can be converted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts