TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Good link. I've said before and I'll say it again. I'd be one of those people if not for being barred due to my leg.

There are also people who help keep our country safe who are not in the military...the engineers and craftsmen who keep our army supplied with the best equipment in the world. Everyone can do their part, some are less visible, but those who put their lives on the line deserve an extra round of applause.

:usa:

Matt

·
Registered
571 Posts
Excellent link...I signed it. Makes me feel so secure know that we have such talented, knowledged, brave people fighting for our freedom and safety.

Thank You
:usa:

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Salute

Salute to all who help; just as GreenBird mentioned, there are numerous folks who contribute to the effort.

I completed my tour of duty in the USAF on 30 Sep 1991 (7½ years). Given the chance, I'd do it again.

Heh heh...I'm well past the "age-wavier" age now... :D

:usa: Thanks, and salutes to all, again.

·
Registered
658 Posts
By signing that it seems as if I did so little. But, it feels really good to do anything in thanks to the ones who keep us safe.

danman

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i repsect the people who are/were in the military, just as long as they dont go around telling peopel they should be respected for doing so, cause that is just exploitation. (cough)jim(/cough) -greg

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Good link, I can't think of much else to say that hasn't already been said...

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Thank you all............the military has a lot of benefits, but it really doesnt add up to the work some of us do. I for one work 77 hours a week. My buddy was almost shipped to Iraq but didnt go because he got put in the reserves. There is another person who is in Navy Special Forces who cant talk about his mission, except that there will be a lot of sand where he is. He might not make it back, and I believe he has a kid (I know he is married) This kind of stuff really means alot to those who serve. I am 19 with a wife and kid and I will be headed out to sea in early April. It scares me to see what is going on over the globe. The world is a dangerous place outside of the United States, Anti-America sentiment runs really deep in some places. I know that when a carrier goes through the Suez Canal that they often see people on either side watching them go through with a machine gun strapped to their back. I wish I could tell you about all that our Armed Forces does, alas the car needs an oil change.......

--Craig

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I also THANK YOU GUYS and GIRLS.........

I am currently in the Navy stationed in Florida.I was on the Rossevelt when "The WAR on Terrorism"first started,out on the ship we work 12 hour days 7 days a week.We did 159 days straight on the water without hitting a port.I really do feel honored that I was there and it is a part of my life that I will never forget.

I am honored to have all the young troops over there defending OUR country.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
glowing escape said:
i repsect the people who are/were in the military, just as long as they dont go around telling peopel they should be respected for doing so, cause that is just exploitation. (cough)jim(/cough) -greg
Whatever :uppoint: ..You sure are wanting to start it all again aren't ya? Yes, I see your problem now. You just don't have anything to show for your pitiful life and you are just jealous.

Or better yet maybe I ought to ad you to my kill filter.... Ah, there you go to oblivion....Oh wait you are there anyway...

Jim Long

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i am not trying to start it all over again, and no i am not jealous.. the military is NOT for me. i hate being involved in physical violence, and i dont see it is always the answer. however, i do respect peopel in the military, but no one should say "i'm in the military, thank me for my sacrifices." that just shows arrogance. however, i dont not want to discuss this anymore, since it is already off topic.. if you want to debate me even further.. pm me -greg

·
Registered
575 Posts
i have an honest question for you glowing escape, how do you feel about the men who fought and died, were crippled(emotionally and physically), and/or were caught and tortured during wartime? do they deserve the right to ask for your respect? or do they already have it? i only donate to a few charities, and those are all veteran related.
michael

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
glowing escape said:
i am not trying to start it all over again, and no i am not jealous.....however, i do respect people in the military, but no one should say "i'm in the military, thank me for my sacrifices." that just shows arrogance
Couldn't agree with you more man, as for me I haven't even decided if I'm going to join yet or not, but I'm leaning towards not. I have many, many, friends, relatives, and aquaintances that are in the military though although I wouldn't consider them "heros" just because of it, that's going a bit overboard. Whoops, I guess Mr. Timothy McVeigh was also a "hero" :rolleyes:

PowderBoyDTC said:
how do you feel about the men who fought and died, were crippled (emotionally and physically), and/or were caught and tortured during wartime? do they deserve the right to ask for your respect? or do they already have it?

-michael
That's another thing entirely. I have alot of respect and plenty of pity (whether they like it or not) and I think the govt. should do their best to make things better and help them out whenever and however they can (and so should we).

K

·
0 Posts
ehhhh, navy sucks.... military sucks... but thanks guys...
<p>
<p>
<p>
Hey LX-Tasy:
you were on the piece of crap that I'm on now? I had no idea.... I work up in the Cat shop on O3 level... In all my career I've never been stationed onboard a worse command. By the way... we're getting ready to go out for 7 1/2 months starting on Monday Jan 6th... so be glad your not on there now...
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
If anyone is thinking of joining the military... wait until after Bush Jr finishes fighting Sr's war.

K

·
0 Posts
ok... that was dumb... I was just pointing out that the navy sucks... I'm in the navy... have been for over 4 years... so I'm allowed to say that.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
krusher said:
ok... that was dumb... I was just pointing out that the navy sucks... I'm in the navy... have been for over 4 years... so I'm allowed to say that.
I'd say so

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
krusher said:
Well you know if it is so bad then get out. I spent 20 in the Air Force and yes there was good and bad but you made the choice to join. You have to choice to stay or go. Nuff Said

Jim Long

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.