TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought this 93 SC Bird last year with blown head gaskets had water in the oil pulled the motor sent the heads out had them done valves and milled to true them up flushed the motor all the cylinders still had the machining hash marks in them no signs of scoring put in new rod bearings because they showed signs of being warm mains looked fine . new oil pump ect and put it all back to gether dotted every I and crossed every T to the letter . Motor skips on 1 & 2 new plugs wires coil checked with noid light for injector fire noid lights on all 6 connectors . put it up for the winter frustrated . Well possibly the injectors are bad just put all new injectors in still skips on 1 & 2 the boost gage reads between 15-20 idleing on pressure side timming light works on one and indicates it's correct any Ideas out there ? Don

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
you checked the firing order from the coil pack to the cylinders right? Some people have crossed wires after a rebuild and didnt figure it out until they looked everything else over 5 times. Could also be the DIS module gone bad, that's not uncommon. The noid light would say wether or not the injectors were opening so they should have been good in the first place. You could try putting the timing light on each plug wire and seeing if they all fire.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Dont think there is a wire crossed on this one. It only "skips" at the one two shift? Am I reading this correctly? I would look more on the lines of fuel pressure or a bad plug or DIS. Check the tack when its "skipping". If it jumps up or down I would look at the DIS module. If non of these are suspect then you are going to have to tell me what the heck a "skip" at 1-2 is.

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Chris, Skips all the time on 1 & 2 cylinders boost gage doesn't jump runs about 18 at an idel new plugs wires coil pack and now injectors timming light flashes on the cylinders noid light pulses on each injector and # 1 has 150 PSI and the wires are not crossed :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts