TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ther everyone. I am interested in putting a 1994 TBIRD SC front bumper on my 1996 tbird 4.6. I was wondering if this will mount up with no modification. If there is modification how extensive is the work? Also if possible could i have some pictures of front bumpers from different years of the SC (front view if possible). Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i want to say that it will work no prob, i think that the headlights etc are only diff, but i would assume the mounting spots are the same

·
Registered
789 Posts
I believe you also need the honeycomb behind the bumper.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
question.. do all the 94-95 cars have teh little air dam thing under teh bumper cover? its just a small piece of curved body color plastic... or is it exclusive to the SC?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
The front cover from a 95 SC will fit on a 96 no problem. Swap out the foam/hack it up a little and it'll work fine. ALL 94-5 front covers are the same, lx & sc. Here's my 95 with the 97 headlights and hood... what your car would look like from the front.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Yeh i like that front bumper alot that you have there^^^. That looks alot more aggressive in my opinion. I dont know if u know the answer to this question but is the bird in the grill area removable? Or does it have an indentation in the actual grill mesh? Thanks for any help!

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
There is no "mesh" there. the Bird can come out no problem, leaving just a hole.

-Joel

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And that is just the standard 95 lx front bumper correcT? Also j/w but are your guys's bumper's held on with a crap load of rivets? Thanks

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Yes, standard 95 cover. Uh, no rivets at all in mine. There are 2 bolts on either side on the fender, then some on the front where the header panel bolts up. Then some screws that attach to the spash guards. It's been a while, you might want to do a search and find out for sure if there's any more.

-Joel

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GODSPEED said:
Yes, standard 95 cover. Uh, no rivets at all in mine. There are 2 bolts on either side on the fender, then some on the front where the header panel bolts up. Then some screws that attach to the spash guards. It's been a while, you might want to do a search and find out for sure if there's any more.

-Joel
Oh okay i was just wondering how your car was set up because my 96 has rivets all over the place on the bumper cover. Thanks alot fro the help

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
then where does teh air dam come from in pics i've seen? i would really like one...

·
Registered
789 Posts
It should be there.. just painted black.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I think that the 94-5 front ends are the best. I put the one from my wrecked 95 onto my 96 sport. I have some pics in my cardomain.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
hmmm... maybe too many driveways. there was a picture of a yellow one in one of teh magazine articles, or a gallery here that had the lower air dam painted the body color. made the front end look a little more agressive... come to think of it.. a section out of a 96 or 97 bumper may do the trick.... hmm... now you guys have me thinking!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi there again. i was searching around in various posts and i found myself a little confused. http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=66633&highlight=sc+front+bumper

That link shows a yellow and a red tbird that seems to have a "valance" on the lower part of the bumper cover. In my search around this board it seems as though some 94/95's don't have this valance? I also read that on the LX's this valance is painted black and the SC's are painted. I am wondering if this valance is an actual part of the bumper cover or if it is seperate? Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
811 Posts
It is a seperate piece. I know because mine fell off when I hit a curb...:rolleyes:

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
The yellow car in that link, thats a custom made piece. The red car was used in the brochure from Ford for the Thunderbird, so I imagine it was painted just so it would be a bit more spruced up than normal. My 95 has the exact same air dam in black. It is a seperate piece from the bumper. Come to think of it, they may have been held on by rivets. Mine is held on by bolts and fenderwashers now after tearing it off... twice.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah.. i dont have one..a nd havent seen any with one on it. if i had one, it would get painted to match the body. i think it looks much sexaher.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts