TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Super Coupe Performance the only source around for downtubes for a 1994 Super Coupe?

I spoke to 2 exhaust places around my area that do custom exhaust and both said they might be able to customize some but will most likely exceed the $200 they sell for at SCP.

I plan on getting them from SCP but just wondered if there were other alternatives.

Chris

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
downtubes for $200+?? i think that place might be ripping you off, cuz all youd need was flanges to the manifolds, then some pipe of X length bent a little....i dont see why it would cost to much.

i assume your doing catless downtubes?

·
Super Moderator
7,693 Posts
On my 4.6 cougar that I used to have, I got new downtubes made, welded to some high flow cats, and installed, all for $225, including the cost of the cats, so you can definitely just get the downtubes made for you somewhere for less than $200.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I found a shop last night who has a custom exhaust guy that said he should have no problem coming up with something inexpensive.

Now it's just a matter of doing some searches for the right components.

Thanks again

Chris

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
sent you a PM

I am interested to see if the guy can fab up something for me using your car. I need a set of downtubes with or without cats that runs into the Magnaflow dual 2.5" in and single 3" out.

I am looking for 2.25 downtubes that adapt to the 2.5" size right before the resonator. I also want some hangers installed where the resonator hangs below the tranny mount.

I can get you the parts and meet you at the shop to get this done for my set-up...it would help me GREATLY! I want something that will bolt to the factory catback for now.

-Todd

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I checked your PM and sent one back before seeing this post.

To summerize the pm...The "Speed shop" I've been dealing with here in town gave me a good contact of a custom exhaust guy that does most of their work. The only probem is that he's form a large chain exhaust shop but he indicated that there shpuld be no problems. I'm going to try getting them my car Monday or Tuesday so he can take a look at it.

I'm sure once he has a set made it should be simple to duplicate and he'll have my car to check the fit on both sets.

One more thought, there's two exhaust/repair/tuner shops on Jefferson in Joliet that I was going to check out. One is just east of Larkin on the South side of the street (old school looking exhaust place), the other is further east and looks like they get into the performance stuff (imports) as well as import tunings and exhaust. You know anything about them? I'm going to stop by and see if they have the talent as well as the contact you gave me.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts