TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's a 1991 SC for sale here in town. The owner wants $2200 for it. The only information I know now (haven't called the guy) is that it has 100000 miles on it and has the following options: leather, sun roof, cd,5speed, auto everything. Is it worth it? NADA.com says $2,950 for it. I love my car now..but I really want something a little faster...(don't we all?)

Another thing: I currently have a 1991 T-bird 3.8L auto. It has about 151k miles on. It's in pretty good shape inside and out. Haven't had any major engine probs or anything with it. It has PW, PL, and fairly new Pirelli tires on it. Could I get $2000 for my car?
NADA.com says $2,350 for my car...

Any input would be nice...I'm thinking about calling him and seeing what he says about it, but I want some opinions from you guys as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I paid 1575 for my 1990 with 150k on it last november and I'd say it wasn't worth it because within 3 months i paid 3500 to do a bunch of stuff including new rear rotors, pads, calipers, a new clutch, rebuilt tranny, egr wiring, a new rim, blah blah blah.

Check if the Headgaskets are ok of course, check that the clutch catches gradually and low, check that no indicator lights are on...

I love my SC though. I doubt you can get 2000 for your bird (sorry, they're a dime a dozen and not so popular anymore) but I hope you can because SCs are fun as heck.

pretty rare anyone buys a car from another person for full blue book.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah..thanks for the input. I decided not to buy anyway because my insurance would go up about $750 more per year, even though I've never been in an accident nor recieved a ticket or anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My insurance is 800/6 months. I am 18, own the car, and have liability, comp, and collision (for just the summer because of crazy tourists) . I have one at fault accident (spun my parent's 1991 saab 9000s auto na into a telephone pole on an inch of snow over ice) and no tickets (just damned lucky).

If you really want the sc, get it with just liability... that was 400 / 6 months.shop around for insurance too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh..actually, that is just with liability, and discounts such as taking driver's ed, good student discount, etc...it's really ridiculous. My dad said the county we happen to live in is really bad for some reason. My sister gets a little bit of a break because she lives in a different county, and for some reason the rates aren't as high there, as they are here.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
SC Roach said:
Well I paid 1575 for my 1990 with 150k on it last november and I'd say it wasn't worth it because within 3 months i paid 3500 to do a bunch of stuff including new rear rotors, pads, calipers, a new clutch, rebuilt tranny, egr wiring, a new rim, blah blah blah.
yea but you left out that you were getting raped on labor charges. could have easily cut that in half if you did some of the work yourself.

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts