TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a set of front sc seats along with the enitre interior exempt the rear fold down seats and i had some questions about getting them in my 93 lx. now these have your full power on both sides with the bolster and side controls. what i didnt know is if there are gonna be plugs to fit for everything to start working. or if i need to go back to the junkyard and cut the harnesses and tap them into power somewhere. just a few questions for those who have already made the switch. thanks for any help.

-z

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
you should have all the plugs in your car already, they should be right there after you pull the lx seats out. everything will be plug and play, couldn't be easier.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh sweetness. soo glad to hear. well since i have to pull the seats what about dying carpet? you know anything about that? i have grey carpet and am wanting to go to black. just trying to think of where or what kind i should get dye from. or if dying carpet is gonna look good enough compared to a new carpet.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
only bad thing about dying carpet is that supposedly it gives the carpet a stiff, wiry texture, kinda like if you hit it with spray paint, i guess, although that wouldn't bother me any, dunnno about you though, lol, later'z.....:D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool. yea i sprayed the carpet in the doors and eventually it got soft. i guess it wouldnt bother me too much. cool thanx

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
no prob, glad to help.....:D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wait a minute!!! lol you were wrong. now my seat fine and dandy plug and play. but the passenger seat does not match up. i only had 1 side power seats. and these are both power. there is a third plug for the seat which i assume is the controls hookup. i have the 2 small plugs but not that third one which i need. how can i make these work? i can get a plug out of the donor car i got the seats and i can run wires to tap onto soemthing but what should i tap into? just power and ground or is it something else?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok uhm my bad. i guess the wires are there. i'm assuming there isnt 3 plugs on the passenger side bc underthe seat i only see 2 plug hookups. when my car was broken into they stole the brain for my tv and cut all the plugs under the seat. so matching the plugs up is kinda hard. but i'll just try tapping into the wire behind the plug for now untill i can get the right plugs and solder the wires to it.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
two plugs? i guess that has something to do with the auto choke seat belts, i think my 92 had that as well, but for me they just plugged into the the same two connectors, it had power driver but manual passenger seat from the factory, but it still had the plug just sitting right there on the passenger side, so i just plugged it in and it worked flawlessly without a catch, i didn't have to splice any wiring or anything.

i have since then transplanted the seats to my 94 and only swapped out the seat belt buckle, and it only had one connector, the same power feed for the power seat track also feeds the compressor for the lumbar and the bolsters.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i believe the other plug feds into the passenger seat blet sensor. bc ever since the connector was cut my seatbelt light has been stuck on. i tried tapping into the wires from the ones i had under the seat but i think i have to have sum1 sitting in the seat with the seatbelt on for it to work right. either way that one plug does control all the movement and i do have that hooked up now. those auto seatbelts are tricky:). but i got it in along with my new black door panels, kick panels, long piece between the rear and front by the door, and the new speaker covers. its beeeautiful. all black. so hott though!. i just had one more question about the rear seats. b4 i go out and buy the sc rear leather ones would i need to cut the bracing back there and anything else to make the trunk accesible? i know mine arent sposed to go down and the sc seats do. wasnt sure what needed to be done.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
you need to remove your v brace once you remove your rear seat, and when you get the fold down seat be sure you get the L braces off the donor car as well, they take the place of the v brace and also make the fold down rear seat functional.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah ha i c. well anyway got all my questions answered thanks for da help chorizon. i'm gonna go sleep since that took me an exhausting all day to get it all done lol.later

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
we need pics, i might go and "borrow" Deus003's sc seats for a while :D
( j/k Craig)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k gimme like 5 minutes. lol i just got the headliner in and that looks good. i just need to do my carpet and get the sc rear seats.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so here are afew pics of the seats after i gotthem in. will try nd finish up the whole interior swap this week or by next weekend. neone have feedback on any carpet vendors? still need to get some premolded black carpet. anyways here ya go.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
nice ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks i'm pretty happy with it :). i think i might get them recovered and have my initials stitched in the headrests. big fat Z right in the middle lol. could be cool. anyways later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts