TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have not been able to find a decent ground effects kit for my LX and I really like the simple and subtle look of the SC stock kit, what year, if any, should I look for to get and put on my '96 LX. Will it even fit? I don't have a problem drilling holes and such, I'm just curious if it is even possible. The only thing I am worried about otherwise is that I have the Eibach 1.5" lowering springs on it and I don't know if that will cause a problem for this modification also.If I can do this, I will finish off this v8 bird with a supercharger so I am not lying. :0)

Any Feedback is good.


thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
If you're looking for a nice clean looking kit for the 96, check out the Wings West Kit (yes, wings west.. not ALL their body kits are gaudy looking). I found a website that has it for $450, too.

http://www.cashershighperformance.com/wingswest/thunderbird.htm

That's the kit. Very subtle and clean looking and not as flashy as the Xenon kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,983 Posts
Ive seen that kit before (online). I like that a lot. I wish they made it for the 94/95s. It looks much more simple then the little wildness to the Xenon ones.

-Shawn


the kit:
 

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
8ate8 said:
If you're looking for a nice clean looking kit for the 96, check out the Wings West Kit (yes, wings west.. not ALL their body kits are gaudy looking). I found a website that has it for $450, too.

http://www.cashershighperformance.com/wingswest/thunderbird.htm

That's the kit. Very subtle and clean looking and not as flashy as the Xenon kit.
Thanks for the link.That is what I have been looking for.
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the responses, and I do like that kit, but will the sc kit work? And what mounds of work is there involved?


thx


chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
That kit actually wouldn't look too bad... in fact, it looks basically stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
J-Rob said:
if i ever get a kit, it will be wings west. thats not very likely though.
If I got it, most people wouldn't even notice I got a kit... then you gotta factor in the paint cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
8ate8 said:
If you're looking for a nice clean looking kit for the 96, check out the Wings West Kit (yes, wings west.. not ALL their body kits are gaudy looking).

That's the kit. Very subtle and clean looking and not as flashy as the Xenon kit.

I just hate what every kit does to the front end of the 96-97 birds. I think it looks really nice so as it is and maybe a little accenting panel would be nice. they go and throw this big lip on the front that reminds me of a large protruding chin. I like the xenon kit for the side skirts and rear valance....but i'm just not into the front on anything available. i'm going to eventually resort to lowering mine a couple inches.
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
WaLieN said:

If I got it, most people wouldn't even notice I got a kit...
Exactly. Looks better, stays "asleep". :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
Zephyr said:



I just hate what every kit does to the front end of the 96-97 birds. I think it looks really nice so as it is and maybe a little accenting panel would be nice. they go and throw this big lip on the front that reminds me of a large protruding chin. I like the xenon kit for the side skirts and rear valance....but i'm just not into the front on anything available. i'm going to eventually resort to lowering mine a couple inches.
the xenon front lip changes all the lines of the car. the WW kit keeps the same lines and just enlarges the hole that's all ready there and adds two ovals on either side.. it's subtle, and gives a better stance to it. if i have some extra cash, i'll get it one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,447 Posts
ive always wanted to get a 96/97 tbird just so i could get a xenon kit. i think the xenon kit for 96/97 is the best overall kit for birds. the only gfx that looks good on 89 - 93 are super coupe ones, in 94/95 xenon sides look good with a sc back, and in 96/97 the xenon then the wings west, then i guess razzi, but the razzi kits are pretty ugly for every year and they are fiberglass, fiberglass = baaad. anyways, im buying some 96/97 xenon sides tonight for my 90 bird with a 94 sc rear end, and 89 front end. -greg
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top