TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will this do for me? will it give me any gains and will they bolt up without modification?

Matt

·
Registered
443 Posts
no headers on SC's...pretty much the same as n/a exhaust manifolds...96/97 3.8's came with factory headers...i upgraded to these on my 94

·
Registered
940 Posts
Crymson Thunder said:
What will this do for me? will it give me any gains and will they bolt up without modification?

Matt
Jim is right, SC's didn't come with headers, they came with exhaust manifolds, and they are the same as the n/a v6's.

If you meant aftermarket headers for SC, then it's a different story.

·
Registered
710 Posts
what kinda performance did you get out'a the 96/97 headers as opposed to ours...

·
Registered
443 Posts
more

·
Registered
443 Posts
i felt a noticeable gain through out the rpm band...even low end torque improved a bit...long tubes could only be better...99+ longtubes may work but then a new y pipe must be made of course...ford rated them at an extra 5 hp...i'm sure i gained at least that

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
i've been thinking about getting the 96/97 shortys too. I'll also need the driver side down tube and egr tube correct? I was also thinking of modding my exhaust, I already have dual exhaust with no mufflers just the res. but I was thinking replacing the res with a cat and having tubes where my cats are now, eliminating that horrible 90o bend on the driver side, then putting glass packs on the dual tips. what do you think that will do for me? 1 cat, shorty headers, and 2 glass packs. I'm kinda getting the exhaust ready to be good for the 4.3 I will be putting in sometime.
-Thomas

·
Registered
271 Posts
go for the stock mustang v6 headers - they are alot nicer and flow more - have bigger collectors and aren't cast iron. only problem is the collectors are at a different angle so your other exhaust would need to be reworked (I would just get some downpipes made)

·
Registered
443 Posts
the 96/97 mn12 3.8 headers are the same thing...except they fit

·
Registered
710 Posts
lol well then stock 96/97 bird headers are the way to go.... so, any of you guys think i can get too 200 ponies at the crank? with what i have done then reinhart automotive chip and j-mod... then after that i thinkin the headers...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts