TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the supercharger out of a 99 lighting will fit our cars??? And if it does, what other parts are involved??? I'm planning on a PI headswap soon so i know it will better to forged the heads.... Thanks

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I don't think it will. The intake manifold is different for the 4.6 and 5.4. I think that the '03 Cobra might fit, but you might as well get an aftermarket unit.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
A couple things...

"I know it will better to forged the heads"

I think your thinking about the blocks internals (Rods, Pistons etc..). The Lightning blower will not fit and while you could install the whole motor you would have a hard time seeing over it.

"I think that the '03 Cobra (SC) might fit"

The Cobra motor is a 4V.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Thats true, but he might not have the heads yet. So he can do the 4 valve heads. It makes perfect sence. You told me yourself that the two cammers will lower the compression on a 2 vavle engine. So if it lowers it to a resonable amount the supercharger can be put on. That wll reduce the risk of detination and reduce the stress on internal parts. Oh yea, I like the rabbit.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right pooper, i dont have the heads yet, i still waiting for this guy to e-mail me buty he hasn't. I never knew you could do the 4 valve head swap, so you just put the heads out of a cobra and that it??? Isn't it more complicated that the regular 2 valve head swap??? fill me on that one... About the 99 SC of the lighting, this guy did not wanted to part it put, but i heard that someone tried or did it..
Hey Scott, love the bunny man :D very creative. And yeah, i mentioned the forged internals.. DUH.....!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm sorry. I don't know much about the 4 valve swap.

I only know three things:

1. Its possible
2. Its extremely hard
3. And if you want to do it ask Scott because he is a car god!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts