TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to put fold down SC seats into my 94 bird. IS this a simple procedure or not?
What is involved? What years will fit ?
And .......how mmuch should I expect to pay? If I find a fold down rear is there anyone interested in buying my rear seat? it is light grey and in near mint to mint condition.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since the rear fold-down (F\D) seats only came on cars w\leather, I went to a wrecker and got a cheap F\D seat back only. I then ripped the stitches of the leather and then removed my blue cloth seat back and ripped the stitches from the center panels, then swapped them. I had a problem finding Hog Pliers & rings so I reused the old ones and crimped them with regular pliers. You can't tell that it wasn't factory installed and is very handy, here's a pic.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm15.showMessage?topicID=118.topic

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
NICE woork!......you'll also...

vancouverBC said:
Since the rear fold-down (F\D) seats only came on cars w\leather, I went to a wrecker and got a cheap F\D seat back only. I then ripped the stitches of the leather and then removed my blue cloth seat back and ripped the stitches from the center panels, then swapped them. I had a problem finding Hog Pliers & rings so I reused the old ones and crimped them with regular pliers. You can't tell that it wasn't factory installed and is very handy, here's a pic.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm15.showMessage?topicID=118.topic
have3 to remove the brace from behind the seat...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Fold Down seat install

I just installed full SC leather into my '92 Cougar Saturday and it was relatively easy. The back of the seat has four bolts in the SC but the standard non fold down only has two, don't worry it holds fine with the two. Once you have the original back seat out you'll have to either cut or fold down some insulation and then remove the brace that is shape sort of like a V not a problem just six bolts. Hope this helps and good luck finding the fold down seat.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Re: NICE woork!......you'll also...

MagerThom said:

have3 to remove the brace from behind the seat...
Not necessarily, I'll post pictures this weekend of my setup, brace still there. :)

-Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts