TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SCCOA will hold the 4th annual SC Shootout in Xenia (Dayton), Ohio in fall. Historically a primarily V6 event, the SC Shootout is expanding the venue to include more V8 cars.

Post if you are interested in attending.

If you have a V8, please let us know what you've got and what type of racing you'd be interested in (Bracket, Quick 8, stock(ish), or power adder). Currently we have two V8 options, an "anything goes" and brackets. Depending on what you guys would like to see and how many people respond there is discussion about adding another class or so.

Speak up if you want to be heard!

Thanks,

David Dalke
SC Shootout Coordinator

:)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yea buddy...its in my back yard this year. :D At least if i break more axles I dont have to worry about being stranded and towing it all the way home. i'll just run home and get one.

What bracket you think i should stick myself in? 12.87 @ 112, Street tires

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
depending on the #'s (16 car minium field) id like to see the anything goes v8 class just split to anything goes NA and anything goes PA class both with handicap starts

just to split up the power adder guys from the NA cars.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Can we split it from "anything goes" to a stock class and a "not so stock" class? Don't know where to draw the line for that one yet, but I'll give it some thought and post again. I know there are naturally asperated(sp?) cars out there that will smoke anything even close to "stock". And as for the blown................ lol Well just read CobraRThunders post. And his has never had the heads removed! (last I heard) :D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nope stock engine still. never even had the valve covers off. but I did just pick up a set of PI shafts for $60.00 and bought all the gaskets to put them in. I think i will do it next weekend. i'm looking for a bit more pep. Curious to see what I can take this engine to before it needs a replacing with my new engine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The biggest question right now is who would attend? We know the date and we know the location. If those 2 things work for you, then let us know that and then we will work on the rest of it.

So far I've got:

Keith - fast street power adder
Chris - fast street power adder
Steve - fast street power adder
Matt - stock
Rod - fast street
Ryan - stock
Randy - fast street
JP - fast street
Mike - outlaw
Chris - outlaw
Rich - outlaw
Jim - fast street power adder
Tom - fast street power adder
Don - fast street
Brandon - fast street
Jim - stock
JP - fast street
Will - stock
Michael - stock

My suggestion to anyone "on the fence" thinking they can't compete in a class or that they aren't "ready" yet is to jump in this year to show your support for this type of event. This is an annual event which we plan to hold as long as there are MN12 enthusiasts out there. If we find out that we didn't have enough classes this year that will add to our learning curve for next year.

However, if people don't participate because "it doesn't suit them" as is, then it will never change. Just something to keep in mind. We always have a royal hoot at these events and it's nice not being upstaged by anyone. For once you can attend an event where the fastest car in attendance is a Tbird and most likely one of your buddies. It doesn't get much cooler than that.

Plus we are going to have awsome T-shirts. :D

David

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Yeah, this last year, it was in my backyard and it was a good time. I didn't compete cuz I didn't wanna break anything...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am interested in attending, but i wont know if i can for sure until April. I have to find out my class schedule before i can commit to anything.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I'm definitely interested. Depending on what I have scheduled that weekend and the other usual scheduling issues.

My signature has what I have and that should give you a good idea where I should be placed. I am interested in autocross and drags. Not too picky beyond that.

It's fairly close to home so I will have a greater chance of making it.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
dont ink me in yet, ive got friends that might be getting married that weekend in bowling green at the nmra race. the plan is they want to do it at the Joliet race in july but being that its a dual NMRA and NMCA race they are working on getting some time to do it durring the opening ceremony's on sunday, they are waiting to hear back from the organizers to let them know if they can do it then. If they cant do it then they are going to do it at the finals race in bowling green, its the same weekend as the shootout. Being im good friends with both the bride and groom, it wouldnt be good if i wasnt there.
hopefully they do it here in joliet

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
So, whats registration costs and when are they Due? We get any breaks for being V8's :tongue:

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I'll be there as well this year, with my DOHC 90 XR7. I'll compete in whatever class I feel I would have a chance in. Right now, that is looking like the Bracket class, as there is no way I could stand a chance against Neibert and others in the Outlaw V8 class.

Just reporting in. :D

-Rod

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bracket for me all the way. NA with a few mods. Going to head down with the boys from Ontario. When I start seeing numbers in the low 15's, hi 14's, I know I cant compete. Motor is pure stock.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
This open to N/A V6's as well? I might be up for a N/A bracket class.
IIRC, the Bracket class is open to any Ford engine in a MN12 or FN10 body.

-Rod

·
Registered
336 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
This open to N/A V6's as well? I might be up for a N/A bracket class.
Hell, you can bracket with a snowmobile if you like, long as it fits the class description. Brackets all about consistency. Go 17 all day long, dont break out and your number #1. I think its just about being there. Showing support for the guys with the hot machines. Telling everyone, that yes, you can make these cars scream.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I'm certainly interested Dave.

I'm sure others are as well. I'll stay on top of this and see how it all turns out.

Thanks for including V8 cars this year!:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the responses guys. I am updating my original post with the names of people who have responded. Sorry I don't know some of of you so I am missing some names to attach and have no idea how your cars run or are set up.

If you are interested, please give me a first name and at least a little bit about your car.

I understand that class availability will have some effect on whether or not some people choose to attend, so don't let that be a deciding factor now in regards to posting interest. If the interest is there we will find ways to accomodate people.

For now I am looking for a basic head count so we can make some good decisions regarding classes. There will be plenty of time later to put up money and get the ball rolling.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry about that i plan on running my soon to be DOHC Bird, the rest of my mods are in my sig. :D

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 67 Posts