TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I don't have pix, but there were several "breakages" at the SC shootout today at the track. A blown HG (347 stroker turbo), some halfshaft carnage, output shaft, tailshaft (Dave's wife's XR7), and prolly some other things too...I got there late. So check out SCCoA in a day or two for some pic/vids. Some cools SC's and some big carnage.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
It was brutal 1/3 the cars that raced broke down. 4 broken halfshafts, 1 blownmotor, 1 blown headgaskets, 1 or 2 blown transmissions.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Who blew their motor? And there was 2 blown tranny's.. Connie Dalke's Cougar and Marc's Super Coupe. But Marc got a loaner tranny to get him to where ever he's headed to get it fixed. Pulled 2 tranny's and put one back in a car in about 4 hours IIRC.. Not bad in the pits at Thunder Valley. Probably doesn't top the engine swat Cat Jam 2004 (right?) though, huh? :D

-Melon

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
there was a red 94-95 supercoupe that was making a loud knocking and squeaking noise and was put on a trailer that is the one I am refering to engine damage.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
side note one guy from colorodo had his sc totaled in a wreck going home in a snow storm when a semi jacked knived collected another car and him and then another car hit him.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
That was Chris, who is from Utah with his 91 AR Super Coupe. Very nice car.. both Chris and his wife are OK though. And I don't remember the knocking Super Coupe, but that might have all happened while I was helping with the trans swap.

David Rowe is from the Denver area - he made it home with no problems, just a long drive due to crappy weather.

-Melon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts