TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 91 3.8 t-bird and was wondering if its possible to put the stock skirt kit off an parts SC onto my car. i dont know if they are removable or if they would fit the 3.8 model i have.....if you have any info o experience could you let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
The side skirts will fit. The MN-12 body is almost all the same for 89-93. The only differences between the models (on the exterior) was the noses and rear bumpers. The sc bumpers will also fit your car. Although for the side skirts you will have to get creative mounting them. Some use 3m tape, others secure them with screws drilled into the body.
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent!

Thats great news. So i understand that the side and rear skirts will fit. But the front wont match up?. Is it possible to modify the front nose/skirt to make a fit? And if so does it require heavy modifications?

Have you done thos yourself with your LX? If so is it hard to find the parts needed?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Excellent!

goodyer said:
Thats great news. So i understand that the side and rear skirts will fit. But the front wont match up?. Is it possible to modify the front nose/skirt to make a fit? And if so does it require heavy modifications?

Have you done thos yourself with your LX? If so is it hard to find the parts needed?
If your car is older then a 92 you'll need front bumper,side skirts and rear bumper. If it's a 93 you can leave the front bumper alone. I've got the Kobel kit on my 92, with a 93 bumper.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have, it's easy...

Okay the front and back cover will fit your car. You can't take the skirt as your calling it off the front cover. It's molded into the plastic cover. As for the side GFX mounting, if you're taking them off a parts car, get the mounting hardware off it too. I've heard of 3m taping them but if that was the way to do it ford would have saved on costs and done it that way...don't ya think? All the hardware is (visual here) is metal striping the length of the panel, about 3mm in width and 1 inch tall.

here's links to pictures:

http://www.powow.com/budse26/1.jpg
http://www.powow.com/budse26/2.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks great!

I was mistaken on the year of my car, its an 89 according the the back tail light. Is there any place that specializes in used SC parts or anything like that? Ill be looking into getting the skirts in the near future.

Also, the engine has about 250,000km on it and I was thinking I might be able to do a swap. I have an 86 mustang 3.8 with an engine that was rebuilt 60,000km ago. This is what I currently drive. The body is rotting so I am thinking about of swapping the engines and getting a car in all around good condition that will be reliable. I personally don’t know a whole lot about engines but my father is willing to help me, he’s done it a few times with other cars etc... Does anyone have any experience with this matter, weather the engine will bold up etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
935 Posts
SCCOA.com

It's not called the Super Coupe Club for no reason :) . I picked my covers and GFX up on there. Just go to the classifieds and there are always guys parting SC's on there. Also you can check ebay for the GFX, but you'll pay more than they are worth, usually. I paid $125 for the side pieces w/ hardware (make sure you get it too) and I think $75 a cover. I got damn lucky on them usually they go for $150+ a cover.

Just keep your eyes peeled and sort the good deals from the bad and you'll love the way you're new car will look. Also it makes people think you have a Supercharger under the hood and they think twice.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I own a 93 XR-7 would the body kit of a 93 SC fit on my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts