TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a set of supercoupe aluminum spares for drag skinnies! I don't have a clue what size or kind of tire to mount on them so let me know what you guys run! Pictures are welcome too.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think all sc aluminum spares are like 15 inch 4 inch wide?

·
Super Moderator
7,529 Posts
Actually supercoupes do not have the sport brakes, they have the same brakes as a regular MN12 with 4-wheel discs, so 15" wheels will fit just fine on an SC with stock brakes. As for whether they came with a 15" or 16" spare, I don't know, never bothered to check.

·
pendejo
430 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
The optional aluminum SC spare wheels are 15" diameter. I run a pair of 165R15's on mine.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Actually supercoupes do not have the sport brakes, they have the same brakes as a regular MN12 with 4-wheel discs, so 15" wheels will fit just fine on an SC with stock brakes. As for whether they came with a 15" or 16" spare, I don't know, never bothered to check.
My bad. I thought all sc's came with 16" wheels and sport brakes. Learn something new everyday. Sorry for the bad tech :-(

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes Iv seen them on rods car in pictures before and like them, how wide tho? Or are tires like this just going to be listed like xxx/15 ? Thanks

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
The last time I measured one was somewhere around 2000-2001, so my memory is a little foggy, but I want to say they're 4" wide wheels.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I run the Mark VIII 16" aluminum spare wheels with M&H 4.5/27-16 DOT Certified tires at the track. I was a little concerned about how such a narrow tire would perform at speed, but my car handles quite well on them.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have any pictures? Where did find your tires, not very popular

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts