TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently bought a 89 SC front swaybar, then i went and read the installation article under the tech section. all of that sounds fine but i bought some ploy urathane bushings to mount the bar to the car, and the article said to make sure you install the 1/2" spacer under the mounts for the bar. i was wondering if i needed to make some spacers to put under my brackets, because the poly ones didnt come with any. what are the spacers for?

Robert

·
Registered
252 Posts
The spacers are to keep the ****ty ADDCO anti-walk ring from contacting your subframe.

BTW, that install article is a little unclear. To get my bar in on a 4.6L car, I had to lower the subframe, disconnect the engine mounts, and raise the engine. Cutting those brackets off did absolutely nothing for me.

·
8,239 Posts
Good post.

Getting a bar out of these cars is easy, just grab a plasma cutter and cut it out.

Putting one in involves lowering mr. Kmember, and you have to ask yourself "is it really worth it"

I can see putting one in if you have the motor out already but i wouldn't do all that work for a swaybar.

JH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts