TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1990 Cougar LS, and recently, it died on me....no more 3rd or 4th gear! Soo.....I go snoopin around and I've found a 90 sc transmission for cheap and newly rebuilt with a shift kit. Now I would rather save some money and just have this one put in instead of getting mine rebuilt, so here's 2 questions:

- Will it bolt right up with no problems at all since they are both 1990 AOD?

- My pattern for the trans is P R N OD D 1, is the SC's the same pattern or is it like others i've seen with P R N OD D 2 1?? thanks a hell of a lot....

Kyle McCaffery

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It'll bolt up...

but the shifts might be extremely hard. so hard you might start damaging other drivetrain parts. If it is really cheap, buy it and UN-DO the shift kit. Then you have firm shifts. I doubt it will fail on you, plus you have a much smaller risk of damaging other parts.

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but....

thanks, i'll keep that in mind....what makes it shift so much harder than mine now, and also do you have any idea if the pattern is the same? thanks a lot

Kyle

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The transmissions are almost exactly the same. the difference is also what would make it shift harder. The SC version has more clutchpacks.

Think of a worn-out clutch and how it doesn't grab very well...then put in a high performance clutch...and BAM it grabs like a horny gorilla. That's what you'll be doing by putting in that SC transmission.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Horny Gorilla, huh?

I don't even want to know how it is you came to know exactly what it feels like to be grabbed by a Horny Gorilla! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts