TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Shorty headers did little to nothing to help my g/f's splitport. The only advantage is that they are stronger and can tolerate movement better than the old set. There is no noticable difference. The biggest power up came from going to true-dual exhaust. You may want to ask this question on 3.8mustang.com .

Best,
Ghost

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ghost what size of tube is on yours GFs? And is it mid mount muffler or two mufflers?

·
Registered
172 Posts
i went to kooks mid length headers from my S/Cs manifolds and it really wants to rev now. i've never dyno'd my car so i couldn't tell ya what the difference is. i've been dealing with 4r70w gremlins also, so i cant tell ya much about performance gains street-wise.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Exaust obviously
You didn't state intake or exhaust, so no it wasn't obvious. Also you didn't state which year you were refering to. From what I can tell the left is for both, but the right may or may not be the same.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
There are year differences on the exhaust manifolds, but there isn't a difference between SC and NA manifolds.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
On your 96 NA? Yes, but it would be a step backwards in terms of performance. The 96-97 NA tubular manifolds are a much better design than the 89-95 cast manifolds.

-Rod

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
The 89-95 SC manifolds are all the same for the Driver's side. THe 94/95 SC have a better flowing manfiold on the Passenger side than the 89-93.

Dave Dalke did a flow test on different types of Manifolds and the 94/95 SC set did flow very well, almost as good as a set of longtube or midlength headers.

The 96+ Tbird tubular headers DO NOT flow as well as the 94/95 SC Manifolds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts