TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Very interesting.

If it is a scam, it's hard to tell up front.

The only thing I can gather from it is, the pictures make it look brand new, and the font choice is extremely hard on the eyes.

The vehicle in the picture still has the plastic over the driver's mat, and it looks like it's never had a front license plate on it (are they required in Boston?)

I'd say check it out, but if something smells fishy, just walk away.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i just dont want to send an email and get a bunch of junk in return....

and front plate brackets are required in ma.

edit: i just sent en email. we'll see what happens.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
It looks like a scam to me. Notice the words..."FINAL PRICE FOR THE SUV IS US $7,590.00"

Just what does that mean? Could mean $7,590.00 depoit and a final payment of $7,590.00

Could mean anything.

The book "should" be much higher unless there are some real problems with the truck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
its not legit, you will never get an email back, they happen all the time. if you notice theres a lot of space at the bottom or top, highlight that area, theres text there. it never makes an sense, and is in latin sometimes. these ads happen quite often. usually they are a ridiculous price for something thats pretty new. i actually saw that exact same add on my local craigslist but i flagged it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
unless someone forgot to and a number here or there. Never know what u'll see on there

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
I don't get it, where's the profit in posting an ad for a car that you don't have? Are they just hoping someone will send a deposit on a vehicle they've never seen or something?

·
Registered
557 Posts
there is text at the bottom. "EnglandHis in than sense in will Monster three in processing side not brought Anatomy new worldwide place first spending researchers youngster Corporation and larger back of and character MacDougals may not Bureau and naughty unique wrestling Hill dev of takes in subject and dataOverview"

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too, but I don't get it. What are they trying to accomplish, and why give yourself away by having hidden text in the ad?

·
Registered
166 Posts
one time i got a reply, it was for a 04 saab 93 for like 4K. he said he was in the military and was stationed over in england, and he had bought a RHD car over there and was going to sell this one. and ship it over. yeah right. but why would you list it for my area which is a tiny little retirement community in florida, rather than somewhere like NY or CA??

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
his email back:

my 2007 Ford : expedition eddie bauer 4x4 dVd is in perfect working condition. this detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. the car has only 25472 original miles. VIN Number: 1FMFU18517LA11629 I'Ve joined the Army about a year and a half ago and I was sent here with my department. I am stationed at a military base in Valencia, Spain for the next two years. I bought the car with an inheritance that my dad left when he passed and I have no use for it here. I forgot to tell you one thing, location of the car is south Carolina. my final price on it is US $7,590.00
please get back to me asap if you decide to buy,

Sergeant Riddell

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
but i'm gonna post it in boston craigslist

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i asked for the exact address, stating i had friends and family in SC. i also gave the vin to the sales manager upstairs for a carfax.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
latest response:

the Vehicle is located in a storage unit back in south Carolina
where the training camps were
and I can arrange the shipping pickup from the storage.
military base:
Fort Jackson: Marine Corps Liaison NCO
2435 Marion AVE
Columbia, South Carolina 29207
I'm sorry, but without me being there it's very difficult,
almost impossible for you
to pick-up the car from there. I'm talking here about a military base.
if you decide to buy,
include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay.
you will receive all the transaction details from them.
anthony

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Ah, now I see what the scam is.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts