TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious about putting a new sway bar on my car. just planning for the future more or less... i'm looking for pro's and con's... what's better yadda yadda yadda... between. stock sway bars both front and rear and say the 1 1.4", 1 3/8" front sway bars... and same for the rear. any info would be appreciated guys. thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,567 Posts
Why don't you do your homework.

... Search is your friend.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
basically, the best bet is to stick with the 1-1/4" bars if you plan on putting it on the road. i have also posed this question recently. i have yet to put these on my car. however, the combo of a stiffer bar and the stiffer poly bushings should make a large difference.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Main purpose?

Hello

How is this car driven?

Street, drag?

curvy roads? just straight?

If you drag race mostly go smaller. less weight.
A 1 1/4" front solid bar is heavy.

I have a front 1 3/8" in my race car, 1/2 mile asphalt.
.96 rear bar.

Alot of curvy roads go with bigger bars. Most like to go slightly bigger in front.
Early SC are nice, larger than later bars.
Also install spring tower braces, Front & Rear. If not you could crack the fire walls.

:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kp, splattered, tbird. thank you for the info! the car is driven on city streets alot and long road trips. so with that would i just be better off replacing all stock bushings with poly bushings?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
poly bushings are junk i road course mine and i run stock ford ford bushing, well replacments and ive got the new redesigned addco bar installed on my car, this bar should fit perfect unlike the other bar this is and exact replica of the stock bar but bigger the one they used to sell does not fit properly it works so they have redesigned it

Robert

·
Registered
517 Posts
blackbird, i would say try the 1-1/4 in the rear. and see what you think. it is a simple install. the front install is a PITA. so just try the rear for now

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks kp! When money permits I'll look Into swapping sway bars out. Just spent some money on the birdie. New uca's, lca's, sway bar links in the rear and some '03 cobras from the custom wheel shop!

Robert... Why do you say the poly bushings are crap?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts