TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Anyone have a larger pic of this, I found it in the pic of the day archives. It's Richard M's car, I just want to know what kind of scoop it is...mustang? Actually, could everyone post some pics of their hood scoops? I need some variety to look at to decide what i want to do with my new one. Does anyone have some pics of Lund truck scoops on a bird? (cheesy but I want to see it) Thanks guys...

EDIT: OK, I found thing pic too in my travels. I wanna say that's it's on Richard's car too? Where does this guy get all this cool stuff?!

-Joel

·
Registered
859 Posts
Techically, he shouldn't have that on his 94/5. The top of the rear air dam was trimmed to fit the curve of the 94/5 bumper. I used to have that kit, it was nice looking, but its fibreglass. The first speedbump it touched sent pieces of gelcoat all over the ground, and stress cracks through the rest. I am much happier with my xenon kit, since urethane is flexible.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey WildBird, how did the Mustang scoop fit?

Did it need alot of trimming?

And how much clearance does it give over the stock hood level?

·
Registered
242 Posts
No trimming needed, unless you want it to be functional. just line it up, mark the holes and drill. It gives about an inch to 1 1/2" clearance i guess. I think you would be able to run a carbed 351 under the hood with it. Not really certain on that though.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Only an inch, eh? I don't think that'll be enough.

Then again, with the support chopped out of the hood - that's an inch and a half, plus the inch and a half you get from the scooo = 3" of clearance, should be enough for my intake. No carbs for this boy.

Thanks dude.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm anxious to see the new hood they're looking into with the group purchase. On another note...does anyone have some pictures of a hood with some Lund truck scoops on it? I'm thinkin about putting 2 on my new 97 hood only reversed so the scoops are facing rear. I just want something different but nothing too big.

-Joel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts