TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought a 90 SC 35th Anniversary. Here we go again...

The car is in great shape, interior is near perfect except the seats are worn out. Under the hood it's extremely clean and you can tell it was taken care of and it was garaged all it's life. One owner from 91 until about 4 years ago so may have been one more before him but he didn't have it long. Hasn't been driven much the last 4 years. Has 134k miles so things are going to need replacing but I'm in no hurry. I don't think I've ever seen one this clean besides a few here and on SCCOA that have been redone.

I should have it here by Tuesday and will post some pics. So now I finally have my SC :)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an auto which was lucky because of my left leg I can't drive a stick. It's an AOD though so not quite sure what to do with it I'm sure it will need some attention asap.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Post up some pics when you get it

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Wow you got it! Yeah aside from seats its a nice car no modding for now :) Just replacing the old crap is enough.

·
3,868 Posts
How bad are the seats? Is it just an upholstry and foam issue or does it go deeper than that?
THe driver seat has a couple small tears and the bolster has a tear. Its standard wear and tear literally.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea it's going to be awhile before I get it up to par but I plan on keeping it stored. I still need to finish the LX and this took a bite out the funds but it was a really good investment.

How bad are the seats? Is it just an upholstry and foam issue or does it go deeper than that?
it's just the upholstery, the foam is fine. I wouldn't mind putting a set of leather/tweed seats in it if I could find some in good shape. The seats are black leather with white inserts, blue piping.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they supposed to be gray? lol I thought it was just dirty. I don't really like the blue piping but I'm diggin the interior. I think it looks awesome.

All 35th Anniversary badges are still intact as well. On the front fenders and the door panels inside. It is missing the drivers door trim and I found out it was hit but by his friends truck in his driveway, a low speed impact. Instead of trying to fix it the guy did the right thing and went and got a straight replacement door so it's really no big deal. I just need to put the trim back on.

I bet Tim can't wait to start working on it ;) lol. It's going to need all of the regular BS, motor mounts, bushings, end links. It's right at that age.

·
3,868 Posts
Are they supposed to be gray? lol I thought it was just dirty. I don't really like the blue piping but I'm diggin the interior. I think it looks awesome.

All 35th Anniversary badges are still intact as well. On the front fenders and the door panels inside. It is missing the drivers door trim and I found out it was hit but by his friends truck in his driveway, a low speed impact. Instead of trying to fix it the guy did the right thing and went and got a straight replacement door so it's really no big deal. I just need to put the trim back on.

I bet Tim can't wait to start working on it ;) lol. It's going to need all of the regular BS, motor mounts, bushings, end links. It's right at that age.
Im sure the old stuff is gonna be a fight. I just got used to working on the 1:25th sized tbird. Im just getting my model t bird back together. Wait til you see it in person. The body was warped LOL so Ive been using JB weld and clamping it bit by bit to get it all right. I have to thank LOLA for the rear view mirror it has, my kit didnt have one. Id be willing to do one of your car too if you wanted to buy the kit. Mine was an opened kit.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I have been thinking of making a 1/25th scale model. I could never find a 94 LX one but today when looking things up on Google I found a Revell 1990 35th Anniversary model. They wanted $25 for it though. I may get it so I have something to work on I can afford! lol

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Woah, sounds awesome. Congradulations on the new purchase.

My buddy has a 90 35th Aniversary SC 5 speed .. its a nice looking car, I like the Aniversary theme, but he had to go and change the wheels, etc ..

The seats have suede inserts, why else would there be a special edition 35th aniversary suede cleaning kit available with the purchase of the car ??? Plus the 35th Car Cover and a few other collectors items.

Looking forward to pictures. Oh yeah, please .. keep it stock. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is an Auto but you know I can't drive a stick. I didn't know about the special car cover, I'll have to check into it and see if I can find one. In the meantime I'm buying one for this winter, snow is coming in a few days and I don't have time to be picky. Hopefully next spring I'll have a real garage to put it in.

The wheels are a little faded around the TBird emblems so I am thinking about taking them and having them powder coated next spring. I may get another set of the plain SC wheels too just to have them for spares.

I may not be picking it up today because it's been raining all day but it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I have the keys, title, insurance and door code. Heading out to DMV to change the title and get plates right now.

Dan, get your garage ready! it only has 134k miles on it but I'm sure it will need some work soon.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I see the car covers pop up every so often .. on SCCOA. Most people with this car cover just keep it for a collectors item instead of actually using it. Go figure, same with the upholstry cleaning kit. Ill admit, if I had these items they would not be "used" on the car either, just for display at a car show or something.

Does yours have the 35th Floor mats also ??

Its going to be a huge difference driving a Supercharged V6 compared with the 94 ... have a blast. ;)

·
3,868 Posts
Actually I have been thinking of making a 1/25th scale model. I could never find a 94 LX one but today when looking things up on Google I found a Revell 1990 35th Anniversary model. They wanted $25 for it though. I may get it so I have something to work on I can afford! lol
THere is no 94 but I found a 92 lx low rider model where you can make it look stock. 92s essentially can look like a 94, only the front end and tiny side moldings make the outside different. Id like to have a 94/95 style myself but everything Ive seen is all gen1 style. 25 for the 35th anny ccar is a good deal. I paid 13 shipped for mine it was seriously rock bottom pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are the first pics. I made a gallery for it also but those will change soon. It still needs to be cleaned badly but I'm too lazy to do it now. Too cold outside. I bought a cover for it (from the Silver Slut) and I'm just going to cover it for the winter and start working on it next spring. It runs like a bat out hell for having 134k on it.

·
3,868 Posts
I like that car a lot looks really nice as is. No need to do much cosmetically. Id love one but black out here is too hot. Id love to drive it once or twice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts