TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the hoods from SuperCoupePerformance? I'm interested in the Cobra R hood with the vents in it. What's the build quality like? How much effort to get it to a finished state?

I have a Cobra R hood that I bought over 10 years ago and honestly it's crap. My general belief is that it would cost more to correct it's flaws than a new hood but I want some opinions before I shell out the cash.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,494 Posts
How many different manufacturers made them? I know Cervinis made Mach 1 hoods for these cars, but did they make the Cobra R ones too? If not who are the other manufacturers of them? I can't imagine there are more than one or two of them tops, even at the peak of this platform.

Honestly I don't think you'd be much better off buying new, as even new fiberglass from reputable manufacturers takes a lot of massaging to fit right.

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many different manufacturers made them? I know Cervinis made Mach 1 hoods for these cars, but did they make the Cobra R ones too? If not who are the other manufacturers of them? I can't imagine there are more than one or two of them tops, even at the peak of this platform.

Honestly I don't think you'd be much better off buying new, as even new fiberglass from reputable manufacturers takes a lot of massaging to fit right.
It's not so much that it doesn't fit right. It's more that it has defects in shape that may be difficult to correct. The part that comes down over the "nose" of the car is warped like it was a warped mold it came out of.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I bought an SCP hood. It was my first and I never got it finished and painted. I will say that the nose was ok, but the fender lines were off and I never got it to sit right. The car is rough so it's not a big deal for me. I'm not a body guy so I can't say for sure, but the curve of the fender line seems fundamentally off. I'd give the hood a C+ I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought an SCP hood. It was my first and I never got it finished and painted. I will say that the nose was ok, but the fender lines were off and I never got it to sit right. The car is rough so it's not a big deal for me. I'm not a body guy so I can't say for sure, but the curve of the fender line seems fundamentally off. I'd give the hood a C+ I suppose.
OK, that's what I wondered. I have a hood where those kinds of things are actually OK but the nose isn't OK. I guess I'll just get the one I already have fixed rather than waste my money on another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts