TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been eyeing up the Lower engine cradle braces SCP sells. Anybody have a set? any issues with them? I'm mostly wondering about the tabs that weld to the body. Has anybody ever had them come in contact with the pavement, or a speed bump? I'm just scared of breaking or twisting something if these hang lower than expected.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I bottomed out once with my car going a lot faster than I shouldh ave approaching a dip. It scrapped the bottom of the brace bar a little. I just took it off and ground it smooth and sponged on a heavy spot of paint and you can't really tell what happened. I could have mounted it a higher though and it wouldn't have touched the pavement or just barely touched it. They make a difference either JLs braces or SCP the front feels a lot more solid in turns. The tabs wil never touch the pavement because the brace bar is lower always. I haven't bottomed out like that in 2 years since it happened. Like I said it was a big dip on a decline no less.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My 96 doesn't have the scp lecb, but it does have all the jl bracing and the scp rear torsional load brace (which I think sits lower than the lecb) and the car is lowered 1" - I've never scraped. Then again, I don't go after speed bumps and I take it slow over tracks

My 94 was lowered 1.5" and never scraped anything with the rear load brace.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
From what I've seen JL's braces are much lower profile than the SCP ones.
Yes they are. I specifically designed them to tuck up closer to the chassis. The cats are actually lower than my FSSB/LECB.
JL

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tabs wil never touch the pavement because the brace bar is lower always.
I never would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out to me, lol. But it really does make perfect sense. Thank you.

Yes they are. I specifically designed them to tuck up closer to the chassis. The cats are actually lower than my FSSB/LECB.
JL
Wow I haven't seen a picture of these installed, they are lower profile than I had expected. Nice.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry JL, would be very interested but I had already ordered these and was having buyers remorse when I made the post. :( I figured since all yours were made to order you wouldn't have a set left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts