TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the Screamin Demon Coil packs for 96-98 Mustangs work on my car, would there be any perf. gains? I've been thinking of painting the plastic in my engine bya red, like the fuse box, hood release and stuff like that, isn't there a new kind of paint the is supposed to work really good for plastic? what is it? I was also thinkin about painf the silver part on my throttle body, and the outside part of the MAF. what do you guys think about spray painting all these parts? I would use tape to make sure no paint went on the inside of any of the parts. Thanks.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Unless you need a stronger/hotter spark (ie: Forced induction) I would stick with the stock ignition. Krylon makes a new paint called "Fusion" just for plastic and it seems to work just fine. I personally would not paint the TB and MAF, I would however have them powdercaoted with the new chrome powdercoat.

Krylon Fusion thread

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I painted my MAF black, unbolted it, taped it all off and shot some spray paint on it, turned out nicely.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How Much would powder coating cost?, If i paint the metal what kind of paint should I use.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you powder coat the valve covers chrome?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
97Tibirdman said:
If i paint the metal what kind of paint should I use.
Krylon, Rust-O-Leum, etc., something good quality

1 - 7 of 7 Posts