TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Two questions.

I need new coil packs, and am considering getting Screamin' Demon coil packs. I very recently purchased MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires, and I don't want to have to buy new wires again if I don't have to.

1. Will my MSD wires be able to handle the Screamin' Demon coil packs without burning up?

2. What other quality coil packs are there?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Though I'd suggest the coil over plug conversion. Seems you can do that for the same money. You can then sell your wires. Just a thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What makes it such a great combo? The ease of mind I have that I know my ignition is in top notch shape. My stock coilpacks went out so I got aftermarket coilpacks which are cheaper and more high performance. Plus you get some more bling under the hood. Look at my track times the numbers don't lie. I have stock gears, stock exhaust piping, stock tranny, stock torque converter and no trac-loc. :uppoint:

·
Registered
23 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:

I would hightly doubt your ignition wires and coils have anything to do with you running a 14.3

Just My Opinion; I agree on the blingage though:D
Having a car properly tuned and new parts help out with good 1/4 mile times. It has nothing to do with adding HP or anything like that I agree...

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
To answer the question yes, they will work. Same exact set-up as I had on my stocker. Works well!!!!!!

No, they do not add HP per se, but a better burn is always more consistent. If the old units are bad or worn out then replace them. As Far as the bling factor, if that is what you are looking for then yeah it does dress things up just a bit.

Most have spent more money on less important things and still have nothing to show for it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts