TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wondered how people come up with their screen names... Here's my story.

10-12 years ago when I was a young'un, we (my family) got our first computer with internet access. I ended up stumbling upon this WWII fighter game that was designed primarily for online multiplayer use (Fighter Ace II, for those who may recall it). When I signed up for the online community, I wanted an intimidating screen name... and I kept thinking "terminator" or "theterminator". Of course those were taken so the server suggested "theterminator93", which of course I took. Since then it's stuck with me and I've used it pretty much everywhere.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Nickname from high school that is a play on my unique last name (outside of Korea I guess).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Back in the day I would always proclaim "You Lose" after killing my buddies while playing GoldenEye soon I started saying it after winning lots of things sports, games, etc. I finally got a new PC for college and AOL instant messenger was all the rage at the time so I figured Ulose which was taken so I added my 1st initial T to the end and a legend was born lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Contraction of my first and last names....

Brian

·
Registered
144 Posts
typo:D

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've always wondered how people come up with their screen names... Here's my story.

10-12 years ago when I was a young'un, we (my family) got our first computer with internet access. I ended up stumbling upon this WWII fighter game that was designed primarily for online multiplayer use (Fighter Ace II, for those who may recall it). When I signed up for the online community, I wanted an intimidating screen name... and I kept thinking "terminator" or "theterminator". Of course those were taken so the server suggested "theterminator93", which of course I took. Since then it's stuck with me and I've used it pretty much everywhere.

What about you guys?
My friend up in Canada used to play that. He was a member of a guild...don't remember the name now, but I loved their slogan: "Damned if you do, no fun if you don't!"

Nothing interesting about my name really... Back when I played World of Warcraft (about 5 years ago) I decided I wanted a name based on mythology, so I picked Romulus. Nicknames then became Rommy, Rom and Romo. I think roMO fit best, partially because I live in Missouri (although I'm a Cali native)

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
i own a mercury cougar 94 xr7 i orginally wanted 94xr7 but that name was already taken by me- the registration didnt get sent back to my email so i haf to open a hot mail account and chand the name to a new one. so i chucked mc for mercury cougar- it kinda sounds like i can be an m.c. with that name to so i figured it sounded coo

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Its my name! lol.

My screen name on everything else however is DarkHearse because its a play on "DarkHorse" which pretty much means a little known person which emerges to prominence." I have an old hearse which I have driven since highschool so I thought DarkHearse was quite a witty name to come up with.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Durring highschool and my short bmx racing career I picked up the nickname Chris Murder because they could never pronounce my last name right. Now at work since there are a few people with the initials CD and we have to sign our oil filters mine just say murder lol. More than a few people forget that it's not my real last name but it stopped bothering me awhile ago. I'd rather go by a name everyone can pronounce and remember anyway.

·
Registered
231 Posts
my high schools letters are chs so thats that part, also i played lacrosse in high school so i was a sports player so you get

chsplayer

1 - 20 of 74 Posts