1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Not to be negative - that new engine sounds awesome.
I'm really glad Ford continues to be inventive.....
BUT, being the age I am, I think it'a a bit cheesy
that Ford is naming a V-10 modular engine after the
legendary 427/427 cammer.

To be honest, I'd MUCH rather have an EFI'd version
of the original 427 cammer than a modular imitation.
Don't get me wrong, I've got great respect for our
mod engines, and I guess it's purely nostalgia, but
a lightened 427 cammer (it would easily put out the
same numbers, possibly more, everyone knows the
published numbers for the engine put out by Ford
were a joke) - want to talk about a dream - THAT would
be a seriously nasty retro muscle car.

Oh well, we can each dream the dream....Thanks for
the post, just thinking about it has been a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know, I know, I love the 427 Cammer too, and I know the displacement of this engine is just a rip off of that, but it is still cool and has impressive numbers. It still would not replace my dream of having a 69 Torino, putting a Talladega nose and spoiler on it and dropping in a 427 Cammer.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
This retro carp needs to stop now, that car is ugly, and nothing I'd replace a MN12 or a Panther in for. But the engine would be swell. I'm not sure if it would fit, but there's a possibility. It fits in Crown Vics, and the other Panthers. And maybe even the Mustang (?). Someday if it's made they would be available as crate engine I'd hope.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I heard a rumor at one time about a year or so ago about a brand new NOS unopened Holman-Moody crate 427 cammer up for sale.I never was able to find out if that was true or just internet bs.If it was true and it did get sold I'd be curious to see what it sold for.It was about the same time i went to a all ford show and swap in Columbus OH where there was a guy with a booth and a complete 494 Can Am engine on a stand.Complete with a parts motor next to it and a handful of boxes full of 427 cammer parts.About 2 booths down a guy had a 427 Tunnel port with a full chrome Webber setup on it.Good god that was a beautiful sight to see.I most likely will never lay eyes on anything like that again but it was worth it to say I saw it once upon a time.Too scared to ask prices.I wasnt about to spend the rest of the weekend how to put myself in debt for my life.wheres a winning lotto ticket when you need it.by the way the concept car looks too much like the new Caddys in my opinion amyways.Take it easy. Jim

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard it is not completely uncommon to find 427 cammers still in the factory crate, not that you see them everywhere but there are enough aroudn that guys still find them. I heard they go for around $25,000 in that state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts