TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now the SCT chip i have is set for all stock on a 94 Cougar. If i was to mod my tranny (J-mod, Mark VIII converter, etc...) will i HAVE to have my chip reburnt for this???

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Depends on your mods. a J-mod and MK8 TC won't warrant a chip reburn. 3.73s/PI cams/pi intake etc. are kind of iffy, you would be helped by a reburn but it isnt totally necessary. things like fuel injectors, MAFs, and large aftermarket cams will definitely require a reburn to work right.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I would call a chip with 3.73's a necessity, since you'll be limited to 90-92 mph, which is probably a little short of where you would run with converter and gears.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't be installing any gears anytime soon btw. My current tranny is about done so i MIGHT have another rebuilt a hella lot stronger i.e. M8 Converter, J-Mod, Mechanical Diode, something with the one way clutch? etc.... (Sorry not a tranny buff) lol.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Rich, I agree with what you're saying - the speed limiter is a problem (my time shows it, lol.) However, if I didn't have my pullies and intake I might squeeze thru the 1/4 without bumping it. My point was that with the J-mod I'm still not hitting the rev limiter between shifts... if that were true I'd definitely need it. Right now it's a want not a need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts