·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does this mean i can use an 02 GT maf with this tuner, plus i can use it to scan for codes... so is this a new type of tuner, or different then there regualr superchips tuner?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm if this will do the same thing as a apten/SCT/Reinhardt chip, id buy this one! Heck, nice thing bout it, i cna reset to stock before i smog it. This SCT tuner just recently came out, if i can use like an 02 GT maf, and just flash the PCM to make it use it, then this is worth it, for an additional 100 dollars i believe lets u have more tuning options an such.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone has any thoughts or tried one of these new tuners?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I requested some info on it a while ago, and it seems like a pretty good deal. You can have multiple tunes without a flip chip, and all the tunes can be custom. Yes, it will work with the GT MAF, as it is the same tuning as buying a custom chip from SCT. I was also told, but need to verify, that you can recieve new tunes via email for it when you change your setup, and negate the downtime for recieving a reburn in the mail. I'm planning on ordering one as soon as I see my car again. I also think that you only get 1 tune for the price listed on MD, and additional tunes cost extra, just like buying a flip chip, but that's off the top of my head, since I already deleted the email from them.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the extreme flasher is just like the original SCT flasher in that it works like a chip. rather than install the chip, you just flash the EEC w/ the SCT program.. all whilst retaining stock PCM settings.

the flasher can also be used to detect DTCs on most obd2 equipped vehicles

the EXTREME flasher allows a small adjustment of 1 or 2 settings i think, like timing. go to modular depot and do a search.

the $100 was worth it to me because it eliminates the need for a chip (remoiving a point of failure :D ) and allows me to scan the EEC for problems (SES lites)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so it is worth it to buy this thing? so whenever i add mods an stuff, just reflash the PCM and be done with it? And have additional tuning

·
6,253 Posts
hehehe no

whenever you add new things, be sure to either send the flasher out to be reprogrammed prior, or buy the $75 software/cable package to reprogram the flasher w/ updated files sent to you by an SCT dealer..

the flasher is just a glorified chip man. right now, i am running the program from bank2, the 91+ octane program. i can now send my flasher back to MD/Apten, Mr. Reinhart, or whomever and ask them to load a new program on it (aka reflash on the chips) and ship it back to me. once i have the flasher in my possession, i would install the new mods, disable fuel pump, plug flasher in, flash eec, reenable fuel system, start her up.. and the rest you probably know

5min sittin in my driver seat playing with the ignition :D and having the ability to to scan for DTCs OR 15 min half upside down and sideways, burning my damn hand on a courtesy light that doesn't do a damn thing for anyone and bruising my fingers trying to force the friggen thing BACK up into the kick panel???
which would you choose??

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Well, for an new tune, it still costs money, but I would think it would be cheaper, since the manual labor part is pretty much cut out, but if it's simple changes, the flasher should be able to do it. I agree that it's worth the extra money just to read your codes.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i agree, if i get the addiditonal software is worth it, if i add certain mods such as PI cams or PI intake, i can post on the forums what values i need to change to get an optimum tune.

·
6,253 Posts
oh, you were talking PRO RACER PACKAGE??? that will allow you full tuning ability

the extreme flasher doesn't give you anywhere near those capabilities..

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, i checked out the forums, even the extreme flasher allows for small adjustments as well. however if u get th 100 package, u get the software cable and the software to program the flasher for custom tunes. That way if i add mods to my car, i email a SCT dealer, what my car is, what mods i have, then they send me back, what i need to add into the flasher, sounds way better and easier than a chip, it just came out, i highly recommend it to u guys.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went on troyerperformance.com, it is 425 for the tuner itself, and if u decide u want the software and cable its 75 more. If u get the additional stuff, u can give custom tunes to the flasher, so like i mentioned earlier, i can email a dealer or w/e and tell them what mods i have, like PI intake, PI cams, 02 Gt maf, etc. Then they send me the appropiate file that has the correct tuning options for the mods. Pretty neat if u ask me, they also claim about 20 rwhp 19 torque increase on SCT's website, dunno if i beleive that or not, but sounds cool!:D

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
wilson502 said:
they also claim about 20 rwhp 19 torque increase on SCT's website, dunno if i beleive that or not, but sounds cool!:D
that just depends on the mods you do.....bone-stock. my SCT dyno tune got me +14HP/+8 ft-lbs

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wonder if that extreme flasher can compensate for 02 MAF or not. But anyway, if i get the software and cable, i can just get the file off the net and program the flasher, so i can program it to use with 02 maf, i could get a 180 T stat.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Check out the Group Purchase. click me

Might answer some questions

Rob

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i was right, i can take someone elses tune, with similar or the same mods as i, and use their file. Or i can call, an SCT dealer and tell them what mods i have, and they can send me the file i would need for the appropiate tune. Sounds cool, now if i can get enuff money ill buy one of these suckers.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
remember that new files will cost $$$, depending on what mods you do.....i would call SCT dealers to find out, that way you can have a ballpark figure of what to expect to shell out for new tunes when you need them....and they will tell you, "well it depends on the mods"....so be ready with some examples

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but then again, if i do add mods, itll be all add the mods all at once type of deal, then have it tuned for it, hypothectialyl i would get PI Intake, PI cams, Maruader TC, j-mod, transmission cooler, and 02 GT maf, C&L Trueflow plenum, how much would all this cost u guys think? But then again, would it be a big differnece to just do the chip alone, MAF, and exhaust?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts