TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a flasher, but this is what i found......

"We program up to three customized
tunes along with the stock PCM tune all in one unit.

Typical NA GAS power gains are +15-20hp using the SCT Custom Microtuner.

More Power! Better mileage.

Applications: MOST Gas 1996-2004 Ford vehicles (cars and trucks)"

I have a 95 4.6L bird, will this work for me?

Also, if this will work, do i only get 3 different settings? do i have to tell them where i want it to shift and what kind of MAF senso i have etc? I thought that was the purpose of a flasher, to tune this myself :confused:

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Yes, you can buy SCT software for your car.

No, you won't get 3 different files.

I am not sure about the new flasher but the 9100, you had to tell them the mods and shift points.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i was kinda expecting somthing like the hypertechs (even though they suck) where u answer yes or no questions and get a specific tune out of it, ill have to call em or somthing and get details becuase it really doesnt make sence, how am i supposed to know where i want my shift points until i program and reprogram a few times? same with all this stuff that is supposedly adjustable-

AF Ratio adjustment across the RPM range

Timing based on load / RPM +

Auto trans shift points, Line pressure adjustment

Rev / speed limiter

Speedo calibration for gear changes

Idle & 2 step rev limiter on certain manual trans mustangs

Open / Closed loop adjustment

O2 sensors

Maf / Injectors

EGR / boost bypass valve shut off

Hi speed fan temp on /off

And much more.

I don't know what have this stuff does! help!

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
If you want to "tune it yourself", you need the SCT Pro Racer package.

More appropriately for your situation and application, you should give Lonnie a call, tell him what you have done (which appears to be basically nothing from your sig, nothing that would affect tuning much), and he'll send you a performance file. There is really no need to raise the shift points much on a stock '95, that motor can not breathe at high RPMs and doesn't make power.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well heres what i plan on for mods- 3:73 gears, PA valvebody, 02 gt MAF, civic tube, new exhaust system- ( magnaflow x pipe and 2 round magnaflows that the rear bumper) new plugs, 9mm frpp wires, screamin demon coil packs etc.

Should the flasher come last? Maybe i should call lonnie after i order all this stuff? oh yea, whos lonnie?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Audiobahnbird said:
well heres what i plan on for mods- 3:73 gears, PA valvebody, 02 gt MAF, civic tube, new exhaust system- ( magnaflow x pipe and 2 round magnaflows that the rear bumper) new plugs, 9mm frpp wires, screamin demon coil packs etc.

Should the flasher come last? Maybe i should call lonnie after i order all this stuff? oh yea, whos lonnie?

Things that will be affected by the tune (i.e. tune needs to take these into account for proper operation):
1. 3.73:1 gears
2. GT MAF
3. Modified transmission

Things that don't matter:
1. Civic tube
2. Exhaust (I'm assuming you'll be keeping stock manifolds)
3. Plugs/wires (if you need to go colder Lonnie will tell you to)
4. Coil Packs

On that note, any reason you are going to use those aftermarket coil packs? There is really no reason to. Factory equipment is MORE than adequate.

Lonnie is the EEC Tuning Moderator on this board and he owns and operates Blue Oval Chips, which is a SCT Dealer (and a darn good one at that).

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just thought coil packs would be a good investment, if its not needed, i guess i wont do it, yea im gonna keep the stock manifolds. I'll be getting ahold of lonnie after i get all the parts. thanks

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
YEah as palmguy said the coil packs won't buy you anything. I am running a blown motor on stock coil packs just fine

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
The one and only ignition upgrade that actually works is a KB boost-a-spark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts