TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,650 Posts
It is locked though so it can only be used with that comp...
That's better than not having a computer at all, which renders the XCAL2 useless until the buyer pays to have it unlocked. At least here the computer can be swapped out and the device used. This is a good deal.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sale pending for local pick up, I'll let you know if it falls thru

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How would u know if that comp would work in your car ? would u already have to have that one?
Mine is a 95 4.6
Will only work with 96-97 MN12 with 4.6, will not work with pre-95- does not have OBII plug in. You'll have to upgrade or get a chip with your set up.

My offer stands...
Good for you dude, then YOU pay $425.01, that's my offer for you only.

my car is an mbe3. PM sent
PM sent back

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,367 Posts
I had to wait three weeks to find a deal on an XCal2 on ebay that I could afford when I was looking for one; I spend $160 for an unlocked unit including shipping, and that was a good $40 less than the average low sale price. Getting an XCal2 with its PCM for $150 is an amazing deal! If I was in the market for another one, I wouldn't hesitate to nab it. Even if you don't want the PCM, you can always install it just long enough to return it to stock so you can unlock the XCal2.

By all means, this package is definitely worth a bit more than $150!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
bump.. and for the haters out there... you can hook the EEC into your car, and return to stock. using the free tuner software, you should be able to unlock the xc2 from that eec, load a new file and run it on your own EEC, and have a good spare EEC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts