TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to seafoam my car, and clean the MAF...
All I can say is I should have cleaned the MAF a long time ago, it was really really dirty. THe seafoam treatment smoked alot, filled my driveway for about 5-7 minutes. THe car runs better now than it has since I got it. It has a much more responsive throttle, and feels like it has more power, probly from the cleaning.
Between the two, it feels like there's a whole new engine under the hood:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seafoam is about 6.50 a bottle, and you can get it from about any auto parts store... I got mine from advance auto parts, cause they are closest to my house

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
How much is seafoam? Do you get it from your auto parts store?
Check out their website HERE for all the info from the source. Product descriptions with pictures HERE.

SeaFoam Motor Treatment information HERE.

Gas Engine application information HERE.

Where to get it HERE.

I've seen it for about $6.00 a can. If you can find it for about $5.50 you're doing good.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
did you reset the computer after you cleaned the MAF?.....incorrect fueling corrections that are stored when a MAF is dirty will eventually work themselves out, but this may take some time....its a lot easier to just reset the EEC, and will now only store truly needed corrections if any

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you reset the computer after you cleaned the MAF?.....incorrect fueling corrections that are stored when a MAF is dirty will eventually work themselves out, but this may take some time....its a lot easier to just reset the EEC, and will now only store truly needed corrections if any
I havent yet, didn't know anything about it, but I will when I go home this weekend... thanks for the tip.

THe vacuum hose is the only rubber hose that connects to the brake booster, it comes off easily

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I did, but I don't know where the brake booster line or the PCV line is.
I will give you a hint, they are near the Throttle Body...

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
:uppoint:

Under the hood, behind the battery and below the windshield wiper motor just above the transmission torque converter housing.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
brake booster... look for the fill cap for your brake fluid. behind that you will see a circle object about 1 foot diameter.... there is a single rubber line going to that.. pull off that rubber hose from the plastic piece... follow the directions on pouring in the seafoam through that line with engine running.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and don't forget to unplug the MAF before you start pouring (its the one thing that plugs into the intake tube with electrical wires coming from it, and it should be right behind the airbox)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some of the people hear recommended unplugging it to keep the engine from stalling while pouring in the seafoam. Since this was the first time, I didn't want to make things hard, so I took their advice, and unplugged it. It worked for me, so I figured I would recommend it as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh ok, got it. Have not done this to my Cougar, but did it to my wifes Mounty a year ago and man. That V6 fogged up the whole nieghborhood! I did it to help the idle on the thing, didnt fix it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts