TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
A proper seafoam treatment fogs the whole neighborhood, on a 100k mile 4.6, anyway. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
The first time I did Lazarus, my neighbor came running with a fire extinguisher, I told him "seafoam", and he knew instantly what I meant. I love thus place. :) He's a Chevy guy, and built some nice trucks.

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
By 20 years old, these cars get heavily gunked up, mostly from the recirculated oil from the pcv valve, and the sludge from the egr. I drive my cars very hard; high rpms just increase the flow from the pcvcircuit, and that doesn't clean anything.

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
Seafoam is the commercial equivalent for the old trick of transmission fluid and water, shook up in a coke bottle we used in the 60's.
The water cracks the carbon loose, and the trans fluid dissolves it.
The smoke is equal parts oil fumes and steam.
It basically steam cleans the cylinders.
If you hydrolock it, you're doing it wrong.

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
Anyone who suggests pulling the manifolds after a seafoaming is not someone I'd take advice from, lol.
I usually put a half can in the oil and the rest in the tank, at oil changes.
It will come out black.
Also, adding a few ounces of trans fluid to the oil after a change swells the rubber seals, and helps with the valve stem seals leaking.
To clean the injectors is not easy, and takes some equipment. I'd look for refurbed ones on ebay.

Reactions: 1997ThunderbirdLXV6
1 - 5 of 5 Posts