TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good idea or bad idea? Does this stuff actually work? If I put it in my gas, will the car smoke until I burn it all out and refill? I just want to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yes it's a good idea, no it won't smoke if you put it in your gas. if you put in a vacuum line it will smoke like crazy but only for a little bit.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend used it in his '89 Subaru and he saw a difference. I didn't see it. May have something to do with how underpowered it is. But, I'll give it a try when I put more gas in the 'Bird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My friend used it in his '89 Subaru and he saw a difference. I didn't see it. May have something to do with how underpowered it is. But, I'll give it a try when I put more gas in the 'Bird.

I ran it though the crankcase and the intake and I saw a difference in overall performance. The car just runs better. In fact, my buddy is getting ready to run through his 87 Mustang GT due to the before and after.

·
Super Moderator
10,571 Posts
Our cars (and most new cars) recycle so much crud thru the intake that seafoam is a necessity.

Even with good compression results, my car seems to injest a lot of oil vapor and droplets thru the pcv circuit; an oil separator seems to be in my future... (or the new engine, if I ever quit dinking with it...)

I started using seafoam every oil change, and it made a difference for over a year; now I do it every other oil change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts