TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone in here ever used seafoam ive ran it through my truck and it seemed to help my idle an make it run smooth i was wandering if ever used on a modular motor

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Its been done on Mod motors numerous times around here. I've personally done it on a 3.8.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Yup, works great! Just pull off the vacuum hose going to the PCV valve, and let the motor suck from the can. Works better than trying to spray it in.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
im lost , whats seafoam?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've used it in the fuel system of my '88 Bronco II, ran the tank down to below 1/4 and poured 2 cans in the fuel tank. I am reluctant, however, to use it in the block. I'm told that it will work wonders on cleaning inside the engine but could cause junk/gunk to get sucked up in the oil pickup and clog the oil pump. You be the judge. Red

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
where are you guys getting this stuff?
NAPA. The can looks like something straight out of the 60s...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
whats the advertisement for it...what is it suppost to do? what are u guys's results?

·
8,239 Posts
i had a jetta with gummed up lifters, and they would make a tapping noise.

It was serious tapping all the time.

I dumped 1/3 of the can in the crankcase, then i dumped 1/3 of the can in the fuel tank, then I let it inject the 1/3 of a can when it is running, and black smoke blew everywhere.

Then I changed the oil after I let it run for 20 minutes or so.

When i got new oil in it, the clatter was totally gone.

It basically cleans up an abused motor.

I wouldn't use it in anything I own now, because all of them get mobil1.

Its basically for high mileage vehicles or abused vehicles.

JH

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
would it cause any harm on my 101k motor running synthetic? i also have a little valve tick...

·
Registered
871 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts