TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Seafoam has a few products. The one most referred to on this site is their engine tune-up product.

Here's a page with information for you. It's good stuff. Try a search here, and you'll find some info on how some posters use the product.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
heck why search, just look 4-5 posts down from this one.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
fire up ur car, put some in a vacum line (brake booster) while somebody holds it at 2,500 rpms. let it smoke then stall out. then let it go for 15 mins. it will freakin get rid of everything! then fire it back up and drive for a while. it will smoke for about 45 mins but u will notice the difference. there is other ways. if u put it in ur oil it cleans but u gotta drop the pan. all of the grime will go into ur pan. helps fuel system too.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Can you put the seafoam into the gas tank? I thought I had read this awhile ago in a previous thread about it, but I cant remember off hand.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Ok, I just read the site, like I should have before posting my question. I see that you can add it to the fuel tank. How much should I add? Would it be wise to do one can in the tank and one can for the vacuum line?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Went and grabbed a can today at carquest, last one they had. Car stalled once on me while sucking it from the cup. The engine was sputtering and had me worried for a little bit. Shut it off and let it sit and started it up. I have never seen so much smoke for such a long period of time! Car seems to run a bit smoother now, I am going to add the rest to the gas. Maybe I should grab a can for when I change my oil?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
yea that sounds about right. just remember to drop the pan. all that gunk goes to the pan and will clog the oil pick up quick. just ask my buddy;) he did it in an old new yorker and told me he didnt have to clean the pan. it locked up on him.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
I have to drop the pan? Hmm..I don't know about that. How hard of a job is that do do?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
jesse is smoking some real good crack today :) you dont need to drop the pan at all. seafoam acts as a lubricant to the rotating assembly.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
big mike said:
jesse is smoking some real good crack today :)
want some? it was dirt cheap on ebay ha ha :tongue: i never really used the stuff myself i was just talking for my cronies that did it. but damn if u dont need to drop the pan then sweetness! im doin it to the oil too when i get the stuff ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts