TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I seafoamed the car earlier. Used 1/3 of a pint, and I used about 1/6 of it through the brake booster, and 1/6 through the pcv valve.

After shutting the car down for 5 minutes, then starting it up and letting it idle for a while, I took it for a drive. About 2 miles away, I pulled into a driveway and did a u-turn. I stuck it in neutral for a moment and revved it up to about 2200 to see if it was still smoking. However....all I happened to hear was a loud bang.

I'm not sure what it was, but it didn't exactly sound like a backfire. It sounded like it came directly from the engine. The car idles fine and everything, and still has power to it. So should I be worried?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
check your motor mounts. my drivers side one broke a while back. it would make a clunking sound when i revved it up.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It probably was a backfire. Do you have any air intake mods?....Cone filter? RM tube? That combo would make a backfire kinda loud.....I would change out the spark plugs...

Eric

Did you happen to check if the PCV valve still rattles when you shake it....or if it's plugged/stuck?......Just wondering.....While you're there check the vac. lines off the pcv valve to make sure they're not bad. Check them as far as you can. I had one of those lines flatten out where it bends 'cuz the rubber was old/soft....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts