TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I wanted to buy the recommende AWSF 32PP plugs for my 1997 4.6L bird, and called around for prices, and all the dealerships tell me that AWSF 32 PP has been replaced/superceded by a different plug, AGSF something, i can't remember the exact part number. They cannot get the awsf 32pp any more, they say.

They tell me that this new plug is the same, a double platinum, and cheaper, but I remembered reading here in tccoa about someone who had trouble with the "new" plug, after he also was not able to find the awsf-32pp. So, I didn't buy the "new" plug, just came home, and called Ford customer service, and voiced my concerns over the matter,. They gave me 2 telephone numbers and 2 web-addresses and told me to try those, and see whether they have those "old" awsf 32pp plugs (one of them is "obsolete ford parts", ever heard of them?). Still haven't had time to do that, but before I do, just wanted to see what you all think about this...am I being too picky? perhaps the new plug is not bad? but I can't forget that post either...Where would be a good place to find the AWSF 32 PP's?

Sorry about the long post, but wanted to see what you think...Thanks in advance.

-Nishan.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
AWSFA22C are the one range colder plugs
AWSFA12C are the two range colder plugs
AWSFA32C are the stock heat range plugs

call max at fivestar he can get you the right plugs. did you want to go to a lower temp plug? thats the 22c plugs thats the one most people around here are running in their modular cars. the 12c are more for sc'd cars and n2o cars.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
AWSFA22C are the one range colder plugs
AWSFA12C are the two range colder plugs
AWSFA32C are the stock heat range plugs
slight correction. (only the 12c has the second A)

AWSF-32C are the stock heat range plugs
AWSF-22C are one range colder plugs
AWSFA-12C are two range colder plugs

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Dealer sold me ASWF32EE - supposed to be same plug, double tipped platinum. Motorcraft site lists either for my '93 Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts