1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is in the service . Thought I would pass this along

> >> Subject: Sears - Christmas shopping has already started
> >>
> >> I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice when shopping.
> >> Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn
> >> from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?
> >>
> >> How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they
> >> are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people
> >> take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.
> >>
> >> How bout this.. Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining
> >> all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs for all called up
> >> reservist employees for up to two years.
> >>
> >> I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its
> >> contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them
> >> why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
> >>
> >> Pass it on.
> >>
> >> Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the
> >> Sears Customer Service Department:
> >>
> >> I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have
> >> just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would
> >> go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item,
> >> even if it's cheaper at that store.
> >>
> >> This was the reply to the e-mail
> >>
> >> Dear Customer:
> >>
> >> Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your
> >> positive feedback.
> >>
> >> Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and
> >> women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this
> >> time.
> >>
> >> Bill Thorn
> >> Sears Customer Care
> >> [email protected]

·
Registered
836 Posts
yeah sears also does a holiday wish program for soldiers. Not sure about all the rules but anything they do for military people gets my nod...maybe because im in the service lol.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Sears gets my first buck every time, My parents sent me this email. Just spent, happily, 55 bucks for a new bar and chain for my Craftsman 42cc Chainsaw. I really love sears, always have, always will.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here I get my Craftsman Tools ..but have heard on here that they are not the best but I have been pleased :)

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I know where I'll be shopping this year, also it makes me happy to see this because I will be going Air Force soon. Thank You Sears :usa:

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I will stand beside craftsman tools anyday, that is what my grandfather and Father used. Grandfather was a mechanic for 27 years and used them, still has a few of his first tools. ...
Ive also got Craftsmans that were my Grandfathers, Dad grew up on 'em and so did I, they are all that I use (except for a few Snap on ratchets and a few S&Ks specialty tools)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts