TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seat belt guide trim on interior pillar 97 tbird LX

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  tpanther 
#1 ·
Anyone know of where I might find a couple of gray ones? No junkyards around here have them, and I've tried all my online resources. I can't find any, I'd even paint them at this point if I could just find them.

#7 ·
Bought the car a week ago. 165k, one owner Tennessee car. I had a '91 I bought new and a woman took it off my hands running a red light and I've wanted one since! It's been taken care of with very little issues and these trim pieces weren't there when I bought it. I would think they're to keep stuff from falling down in there. I already found a rear window defroster switch and then the car will be complete and everything works. Daily driver.

#9 ·
I would think they're to keep stuff from falling down in there.
It's a trim piece to cover the hole, the hole is needed for the seat belt assembly to pass through. I found that out when I took my interior apart earlier this year.

Just for shits, take a look to see if they may have fallen into the hole.

Looks good!

Joe

#10 ·
Yeah I knew what it was for but sure couldn't tell you what Ford calls that trim piece! Ha! Thank you again, wouldn't have thought to look down inside! No luck in either one and no roll of $100 bills, but I did find a crayon, wrapper and so on in the seats.? Thanks for the info. That spot you told me about gets stuff new in all the time. I'll find them someday.

#12 ·
  1. Thank you! I was thinking that also but I found a pair today off an old LX in the junkyard. Shocked they were there. Happened to be going by there and was told they didn't have any tbirds or cougars (or anything else) over the phone last week. Something told me to stop and they did, painted them gray and bingo!

#13 ·
#14 ·
Thanks Terminator! I posted I found em about the same time you replied but I'm finding out every contact I can get can't hurt ! Incidentally, until this car came along I had my eye on a 97 Mark8 up in Braselton Navy blue, same amount of miles and gray (leather) interior.

#15 ·
Very nice rides, the FN10s - especially the gen 2s, the seats are about the best I've sat in for long cruises. They are getting hard to find though. Unique issues aside (e.g. air ride, blend door etc.) they have all the best characteristics of the MN12's handling/platform plus they have the engine output everyone wishes the MN12 had from the factory. Much easier to "leave alone" and feel happy about. I've grown quite fond of them as daily drivers, what with my being on the road 25,000 miles a year.

The t-bird is still "the other woman" (as my wife says) though. :)

#16 ·
Yeah not alot of those either in reasonable shape around central Georgia. I've not spotted one on the road I can recall EVER seeing. Hardly every see mn12s either,
but on the way home from work last night I saw what looked to be about a 94/95 tbird, green about 4-5 cars in front of me. Funny when you buy a car, they seem to pop up everywhere! Ha! Got lucky and had gray paint and amazing how this little trim piece makes this gaping hole seem to vanish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.