TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger seat motor is extremely weak forward and back (it won't move with a person in the seat), however, all other controls work great (up, down, tilt, bolster, and lumbar).

Is the forward/reverse a single motor? I assume so since there's 3 units mounted to the track and one mounted on the bottom cushion portion.

Can I swap the motor from my drivers side LX seat (from 94) that I'm taking out for the passenger SC unit (from 89)?

And lastly...does anyone happen to know which of the 4 motors is the front/back?

·
Super Moderator
12,733 Posts
It's probably dirty...

It needs to be disassembled, have the dirt and old grease cleaned out, and regreased.

This fixes most problems of this type.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The one mounted in the cushion is the air pump for lumbar and bolsters.

The other three are mounted in one housing, and it's probably riveted in place. You can take the screws out and remove the windings.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried cleaning them on my old seat (which had extremely weak forward/reverse motion) and before I cleaned it, it would barely work.

Now, after tearing apart and trying to clean off the old grease and WD40 them up, no dice...forward/reverse not working, however, the up/down works fine so I know the switch isn't bad.

This is the same problem with my old seats. The car has been sitting for a month or so now and has been fired up for 5 minutes or so on a couple occassions (can't drive it since there's no seats).

Are the motors bad? It seems it's mainly the forward/reverse on both seat tracks that are weak as hell. Did I not clean them properly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.