TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I caught my shoe on the corner of the side molding on my seat. (drivers side)
As I fell on my a$$ on the street I ripped the side piece from the seat. I have a 97 4.6 LX wiht the power seat. The seat controls still work but the piece just lays there on the floor. It looks to me that this can be a simple fix with hand tools am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
You just need to order a new side piece from Five Star and put it on. I believe all you need is a phillips screwdriver. The pieces are like $30-$35 if I remember right.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Yeah

I did the exact same thing a few years ago and tried to brace it from behind and glue it, but it kept cracking. I ended up odering it from Ford.

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
man... i did the same thing...

but i didnt rip it off, put a nice crack tho... really p'd me o, but what are you gonna do, amputate your feet? just gotta get out the car slower....my favorite in my 90 cougar was the automatic seatbelts that used to automatically have a mind of their own and nuse me up if i had my head out the window.. my friends used to get a kick outta that too.. got my head out the window, shooting the ish.. and they open my door on me.. its like when a dog runs outta line chasing a squirel...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts