TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well anyways i have been thinking a lot about sellin my car and gettin sumthin different
one of my best friends offered me 9 grand for it and now im really coming close to end of it
i want a luxury and sporty 2 dr or 4 dr car what do u guys have to recomend
take in condieration that im lookin to spend no more then 18 grand on my new car and i will have like 3 grand to mess with it (rims, tint, system) the usual
my idea so far is 99-2000 caddy STS with low miles
and then pimp it out
what do u think??
keep in mind i can get em cheaper then usualy since i work for dealership and my manager can get me anythin i want for auction prices
THNX

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you've got an offer for $9K I'd take it! I'd consider a 1998 Mark VIII LSC over the Cadilac STS myself - the STS is front wheel drive and there are very few modifications you can do to them. But if you check out www.autotrader.com you'll find quite a few low mileage '97 - '98 Mark VIIIs that can be had for well under $15K.

'Just my opinion...

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me clear it up
im looking at sumthin like caddy sts
meaning luxury i was also thinking of benz and bmw but not sure i can afford fixin em if they go wrong
i need more inputs

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
click here
this is what i want to get just like that
scroll it has lots of pics

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol jurgen
here is sumthin else im cosidering
so what ya'll think
click here!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
miki, just remember the rate bracket you're in for the insurance company (young, male, metro detroit, ?points?)... cause those luxury cars are hella more to insure full coverage (what you have to have since youd need to take out a loan) than lower price range cars... -greg

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I heard that caddys could be expensive to repair some things in the engine bay due to exactly where they are. Although every car has something expensive or bad about it these days.

I like the caddy style but just not a big fan of it. The Lincoln LS isnt too bad.

I do like the idea of a nice clean 98 mark VIII LSC though. That could be sweet.
98 Mk8 LSC on ebay
another 98 Mk 8 LSC on ebay

If you can find a Marauder in your price range that would be ultra sweet too. Think about it, cobra engine, 18 chrome wheels, jet black, sweet exhaust, its just awesome.
Marauder on ebay

If you do get a caddy just remember to come say high to us here on the mn12 board.

·
Registered
437 Posts
LINCOLN LSC!

I like to to call it the Lincoln Sports Car. It's got all the comfort & luxury and POTENTIAL you could want!!!!!! Get an older one with the 5.0. Five Liter parts are CHEAP!!!!!! Then go out & Kick Some Bow-Tie Butt!!!!!!!!!

68COUGAR

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
68COUGAR said:
(that's lower case QTM.NET)
DNS is not case sensitive. ;)

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
if you are really done with the bird, i'd say go with the sts. i love the sts's, 98+ style. only thing i dont like about them is front wheel drive. i'd deal with it though. get the sts, 20" rims, nice tint job and a sick audio/video system and your all set. if i wasnt obsessed with going fast thats exactly where i would be right now, but i have big plans for my bird (low 13 seconds or bust). the caddilac will come once i'm out of college.

Frank

·
Registered
987 Posts
STS??? Nice looking, comfy, all the ementities, modern, burns oil like a mofo, total loss machined heads, too expensive to repair/modify, old peoples car, high roller wana be car....Some of those are just my opinion, and the others are fact.

The STS "My Grandparents own one" burns oil like mad...Reason being is that they have a total loss oiling system in the machining of the heads and the oil falls through the guide area of the vlv's "Total Loss Oiling"...I love the acceleration of the car, at the same time I hate the oil clowd in the rearview...The car has done this since they bought it new off the floor. Burning about a quart every 200miles....Thats right every 200 miles...Now..I went to a Caddy info site that is similar to our lil network around the tbirds and came to the same conclusions, although there were a select few who had not experienced the same oil burning scenario...So I suppose that it is your call regardless...I hear Mobile1 is cheap though, or so it seems if you can afford a 55K dollar car in the first place...:D

BTW..9K for a 94 V8 bird is SICK...If you can get that you better jump on it...Your friend must be kinda nutz...;)

Cheers

Brad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts