TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Located in Southern California, selling for $2,800 OBO...

smogged and CA registered
replaced old engine with new (w/ paperwork)
replaced all shocks
new tires
replaced ball joints in front
lower control arms
bushings in the front
brake pads and rotors
tires
front windshield
completely redone the A/C (1000 dollar job w/ paperwork for all new parts)
replaced radiator
upper and lower radiator hoses
thermostat

tan interior, cloth, everything works.

Paint on the hood and trunk are faded. Its still green but its not glossy anymore and none of the junkyards here have green Thunderbirds so might have to get them repainted. Headliner falling apart. Interior is near perfect (except for headliner). Cloth tan interior.
104K miles on the clock.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Need more info/pics.
4.6 v8? 3.8V6? Is engine actually "new" or re-manufactured? If re-manufactured, from what shop?
How close to the coast in Southern Cali do you live? (for rust concerns)

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
How close to the coast in Southern Cali do you live? (for rust concerns)
Anything more than 3 miles (conservatively) from the coast is not important for rust purposes here in SoCal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about the confusion, engine was replaced with another 4.6 of similar mileage and I have paperwork for it. all the gaskets in the engine that needed to be replaced were by the shop. Work was done by a well respected chevy/ford junkyard they do great work. Car is not by the coast isn't rusting
4.6l LX, not a sport.
it shifts a lil harder than it should although the tranny fluid has never been changed. other than that every gear works fine and I get 17mpg in the city and 20 hwy sometimes 21mpg

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Have patience. This forum is very slow, and most of us have our babies already. The Facebook TCCOA page is much busier, and slightly easier to post pictures on. If I didn't already have one in the garage, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I'm going to second Woodman's statement of posting on the FB TCCOA page. Though, you might want to post it in the "MN12 / FN10 Parts and Cars for sale" page that's associated with the FB TCCOA page.

Worst case scenario, put the car up on a busy corner with a "For Sale" sign on it. Some dude might want to get it for their high school kid or something. It wouldn't be what we as a community would want for our car, but if nobody is buying the car from you here and you want to get rid of the car, you gotta do what you gotta do to get rid of it. It's unfortunate for the platform, but it's true.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That's the way I have sold all my cars, parked on a local street. Some places are funny about parking a car, so don't just park it at a shopping center.

Al

·
Registered
213 Posts
Located in Southern California, selling for $2,800 OBO...

smogged and CA registered
replaced old engine with new (w/ paperwork)
replaced all shocks
new tires
replaced ball joints in front
lower control arms
bushings in the front
brake pads and rotors
tires
front windshield
completely redone the A/C (1000 dollar job w/ paperwork for all new parts)
replaced radiator
upper and lower radiator hoses
thermostat

tan interior, cloth, everything works.

Paint on the hood and trunk are faded. Its still green but its not glossy anymore and none of the junkyards here have green Thunderbirds so might have to get them repainted. Headliner falling apart. Interior is near perfect (except for headliner). Cloth tan interior.
104K miles on the clock.
I'm looking for a new gem... Is the body rust free I'm assuming ? 4.6 engine ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking for a new gem... Is the body rust free I'm assuming ? 4.6 engine ?

rust free. great condition for the age. I apologize for the late reply. I need the car for a couple months because of school and some family situations. im shooting for end of January or feb I can sell it. I have a suburban that the alarm system is malfunctioning so I need to fix that. If anyone is good with a chevy I could use some help. thanks for understanding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts