TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the local mechanic told me he was going to charge over $500 to swap out my cracked intake manifold with my parts and no warranty I think I am going to give it a go myself. I have the how to article but I am still not sure what to do with the semi-auto climate control temperature sensor. I have searched and read that leaving it unplugged will just cancel the no heat/no fan delay, but if I would like to hook it back up. I have not started this project, I'm still working on alternate transportation. Can anyone point at a how to for that other sensor? (pictured would be great) I have only read that it is integrated into a coolant line and need to be spliced back in, I don't want to end up with a leak after everything is reinstalled.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
if your insistant on installing it go to home depot/lowes/ace hardware etc... and buy a 3/8" npt t-fitting and two barbs and put it in line between one of the heater core lines, then run a seperate ground wire.

·
Super Moderator
10,319 Posts
I cut mine off right beside the bracket with a hacksaw; the remaining overlapped piece of steel acts to hold on to the short piece of hose I put between it and the other tube.

It ends up being pretty much in the same spot as stock; it ended up right across the back of the engine, behind the manifold.

I attached a wire to the outside and grounded it; the stock wire plugged in fine.

Don't twist on the heater core; it will leak.

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
I did basically the same thing Grog6 did. I used a pipe cutter to cut off the engine side of the pipe about 1" from the first bracket near the core so I could still bolt it to the heads and make a positive ground connection. I probably should have flared the cut but I didn't have a large enough tool so I just used two hose clamps. No leaks after nearly a year.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I did basically the same thing Grog6 did. I used a pipe cutter to cut off the engine side of the pipe about 1" from the first bracket near the core so I could still bolt it to the heads and make a positive ground connection. I probably should have flared the cut but I didn't have a large enough tool so I just used two hose clamps. No leaks after nearly a year.
x3, I am using single clamps with no flare and still rocking it 5-6 years later.
-Rob

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
x3, I am using single clamps with no flare and still rocking it 5-6 years later.
-Rob
x4 , I did the same thing, and have had no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts