1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,689 Posts
Yes, you will be fine. The reason it says they are a must for the coil conversions is that most of the coil conversion kits come with front shocks, but no rear shocks, so you would have brand new fronts with the tired old rears if you did that. Also, just so you know, you can use any tbird/cougar rear shocks too, the only difference is that the upper mounts are a little different on the MarkVIII, so to run tbird shocks, just pull the mount out, burn the rubber out of it, and put it back in, then install the shocks like you normally would in a tbird.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks man

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Those are good shocks, I had them on my 1989 Thunderbird before I switched them for Tokicos from an SC. Really solid for a "non-performance" shock. Decent handling and awesome ride quality. :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just ordered these and the screamin demon coil packs from scp.

hey raptor22, do the sensa tracs come with the top mount kit or do i need to search for those and do you know where i could find a deal on them if i do need to because my dr side one is shot.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
just ordered these and the screamin demon coil packs from scp.

hey raptor22, do the sensa tracs come with the top mount kit or do i need to search for those and do you know where i could find a deal on them if i do need to because my dr side one is shot.
They should come with them, but I am not completely sure. They were on the car when I bought it from the original owner who probably had a shop put them on. I know Napa Auto Parts carries them and they usually have pretty competitive prices. If not you can find them at RockAuto for real cheap. :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They should come with them, but I am not completely sure. They were on the car when I bought it from the original owner who probably had a shop put them on. I know Napa Auto Parts carries them and they usually have pretty competitive prices. If not you can find them at RockAuto for real cheap. :)
thanks i appreciate the advice

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grrr...... they sent front shocks not rear and they are the non air bag shock so they are no use to me. upper bolt that goes into trunk is way to skinny so hopefully bill at scp will make this right.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
When I bought sensa tracs from checkers they came with bushings and nut/washer for each shock. THey are good for the price what else can you say about that.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I bought sensa tracs from checkers they came with bushings and nut/washer for each shock. THey are good for the price what else can you say about that.
they are good for the price but i bought rear shocks and these are not the right ones. i'm not putting the wrong shocks on my car and they wouldn't work even if i wanted to.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
they are good for the price but i bought rear shocks and these are not the right ones. i'm not putting the wrong shocks on my car and they wouldn't work even if i wanted to.
Oh yeah I gotcha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts