TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a water temp gauge in my 96 - can anyone give me a rough idea where it is, or what to look for? I had read that there's 2 wires - one for the gauge, and one for the EEC. The shop manual I have doesn't show a good angle as to where it is.

I've also got an oil psi gauge going in as well. What the hell do I use to get that plug out that's over by the oil filter. I know I need an allen wrench, but I don't have one that fits. Maybe it's standard and not metric like the rest of the car? Or is there a better place to put the sensor?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.
-Melon

·
5,650 Posts
Can't tell you about the oil stuff but there's 2 sensors for coolant temp on the car. Both are in the crossover. The one on the passenger side of the manifold is for the gauge. The one on the driver side of the manifold is for the EEC. Both have 2 wires. Normally the sensor for the gauge has one wire but for the 4.6 with a plastic crossover there needs to be 2 since the crossover can't be used as a ground.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
gauge sender is on the passenger side on the crossover, EEC sender is on the driver side. They both have 2 wires on the harnesses. The wiring harness has a grounding point on the forward most fuel rail mounting stud on the passenger side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts