TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the ford dealer today to get seperator plate gaskets. the parts man told me the 7d100-a gaskets are obselete and no longer available. He gave me a 7d100-ab. will this work with modifications? and how much different is it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nvm im lookin at pics. theyre completely different

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I went to the ford dealer today to get seperator plate gaskets. the parts man told me the 7d100-a gaskets are obselete and no longer available. He gave me a 7d100-ab. will this work with modifications? and how much different is it?
A Ford Parts guy should know what he's talking about ... I'm sure the Ford Parts guy will buy you a new Tranny if it blows... Hell it's only a 95 Tranny anyway so you could always experiment & report back.

But seriously I'm holding the 2 different gaskets in my hand - I'm told it won't work by local Parts Guru & I believe him:

7D100AB is for 2001 up THRU ??? 4r70w VB only - DEFINITELY not for 2000 & older 4r70w VB - Below is pic of
7D100AB showing one of the areas of difference where the small Pac Man Plate is deleted in 2001+ VB & Casting change deleted 2-3 Capacity Modulator Valve in corner of 2001+ VB... they added hole to Vent the void in 2001+ Casting - There are other changes around Main Regulator, ETC... as compared to PRE 2000 VB Gasket & probably more importantly the various PRE 2000 Seperator Plates & VB Castings & all the internal VB sub-assembly changes over the years.

7D100EA is good for 2000 & at least as far back as 96 4r70w VB but you'll want to verify that it's good for 95 - I think you'll find that it is.

They do ask for VB casting number sometimes as there are parts overlaps between Tranny years - Seems like there was VB Casting change in 96 as well as Tranny casting - Good stuff on casting changes here:
http://www.p71interceptor.com/

You oughta change the Top Gasket & the VB to Tranny Gasket also & Torque all carefully - Teeny VB Filter & VB Screen - 96+ Pan.

You have a Stock / Original 95 Tranny & VB right ??? - Frankly a 95 Tranny needs EVERYTHING upgraded so... ??? - 95 VB & Tranny could badly use some Sonnax parts & Hard Parts if you insist on beating an old horse:

http://www.sonnax.com/index.php

Best Tranny Parts guy in S.C. is @ PT in North Charleston - 843-747-5348

1 - 3 of 3 Posts