TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I was woken up by my girfriend at the time, she was crying and said turn on the t.v. I was stuck to it for most of the day, watched the 2nd tower get hit. Skipped my first class, then went to the one at about 1. Man it gets me angry, still to this day. It's just disgusting how evil this was, killing thousands of people like that. I still want to make the whole middle east a big sheet of glass.

-Joel

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The first crash was while I was taking a shower, my wife was asleep and I get ready and leave for work right after showering, so I drive to work, right next to the strangely quiet airport and am walking down the hallway when my boss says to me "It fell" "What fell?" "Um.. the World Trade Center" I had no idea what he was on about until I walked onto the floor and every TV in there (There's TV's everywhere, it's the cable company after all) is turned to CNN. After standing there stunned watching it I went to my desk and found out about the Pentagon attack, spent hours trying to get ahold of my friend that worked for Reuters in DC. Finally got ahold of her, she was 3 blocks away from the Pentagon when it hit.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Was sitting in Mr. Berry's Advanced Chem class when the first plane hit. Got on the bus to go to field for marching band practice and one of my friends told me the WTC had been hit by a plane. I thought he was full of several things.

When we got to the field, the director assembled the band and informed us about what happened. That was the quiestest I'd ever heard that high school when we got back from the field.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I was at work (Bank of NY) and their HQ's are in NYC by the Trade Center

My jackass of a boss at the time was down there with two other staff

The three of them came back from the city to find the office all upset and he was like whats the problem dont you have work to do....he went in his office and closed the door while the other staff told us how it was down there

My brother in law worked the bucket brigade he said the most depressing thing was he found a sole finger with a wedding ring on it

One of the guys I used to drive to high school and hang out with in 9th and 10th grade (had lost touch though) they only found his torso

Its very sad

On a positive note Opie and Anthony this morning recommended that they hang up Bin Laden In NYC and give all the New Yorkers a chance to kick him in the nalgas

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i was at work watching on TV in total disbelief. needless to say life on military bases changed overnight. i remember trying to go to work the day after it happened and i waited in traffic for 5hrs trying to get on base and didn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I was at work about 90 miles away. Next day I was in Manhattan helping with emergency communications.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I was a junior in high school...in my first class, ROTC, when the first plane hit. Didn't hear anything about it until in between classes, people in the hallways were talking about something that happened. I got to my next class, drafting, and the teacher had the TV on and everyone thought it was a small plane and that it was an accident. A few minutes later we saw the second 767 hit live, and everyone knew instantly that it was no accident. Pretty surreal seeing that second plane come into the picture on the TV before it hit.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
at work, just started a new job about 2 weeks prior.
Sorta heard something on the news in my truck about it, but paid no attention really.
Then, when I got into work(I'm a building engineer), people in the building were kinda frantic....I was like, what the hells going on.
Then my boss called me to come over to our main office, to discuss emergency situations.
Then I saw a TV and the second plane hit, and I was like holy sh1t.....

·
RWD is for Men!!
236 Posts
English class. A lot of people in my HS had parents that worked in or around the Towers. We were out of there by 1pm. It was strange comming up the big hill from my HS and looking left to see nothing but smoke making the whole city look on fire.

We had all saw the news but once you looked over and saw the reality of it, its a whole different story. Ill never forget the first day we went back to school and I turned the corner of my HS to see nothing where the two huge towers once stood.

I couldnt sleep much those days. Nor could I last night now that we have to worry about our subways being the next target.

God bless all the victims and most of all

GOD BLESS AMERICA

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I was in 8th grade and home sick that day, turned on the TV and 30 seconds later the second plane hit. Terrible Day

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Just gettin ready to leave for school. Had the tv on and saw the second plane hit when I came outta the shower. I was in a hurry so I didnt really pay attention to it, I thought it was a preview for a movie at first till I got to class (late) and the tv in shop class was on showing what was happening.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i was at work at just gettign the morning deliverys billed up and heard on the radio that a plane had struck the 1st tower, and then we all went to watch the tv in service and saw the second plane hit then we saw all the people jumping out of the building, and thensaw the towers come down .

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was in Senior English class when my teacher came in and turned the tv on, and said "Look at this, somebody flew into the Word Trade Center." Then after about 10-15 minutes the 2nd plane hit and of course we all knew it wasn't an accident. We kept the TV on until after class was over, and then we found out the Pentagon was hit, and I thought to myself, "That can't be good." After that I was suspecting World War III had started, and I was just waiting for the nukes to start dropping. Shows you where my thoughts were 5 yrs ago... :rolleyes:

God Bless America

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Was a sr in HS at the time, sitting in class before class started...Bio 2, we always had the tv on for a bit. Came across that a plane had hit one of the towers...was the first thing any of us had heard about it, so we were all kind of wondering how a plane didn't see it...I believe we were doing a river study that day, so we went out and by the time we got back, the other had hit. Needless to say, I think the entire high school watched tv for the rest of the day.

Joe

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
sophmore in hs at the time, in between homeroom and gym class, we heard something over the PA. gottogym class and sat in the weight room. saw the 2nd plane hit. heard about the pentagon getting hit. only class i learned anything in after the attack was health class

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Wow, all these people that were in 8th grade. Now I feel old.

I was going to go and pick up a friend and we were going to go to a job fair to look for work. I was just getting up. I turned on the TV to see the news/weather because I was headed out. I must have turned it on only minutes before it happend. Then I saw the interuption and just stayed glued to the TV.

My friend called and then came over. We waited a couple hours watching and then headed into the city (Rochester NY, not NYC - it's 7 hours from NYC) to the job fair and the place looked like a ghost town. Everything was closed already and people sent home. Police cars patroled the larger buildings and federal buildings. It was very surreal, especially with no planes in the sky except the occasional fighter jets flying by.

My father came home and my mother a while later because she is a teacher and had to wait til all the kids were home. My father and I were planning to go down there to help since that's where we are from. My mother was worried because we have lots of family there and her cousin works right next door in a court house. He made it away quickly. My father and I didn't wind up going because at one point they were saying they have enough people there and don't need the publics help onsite. I still wish we would have gone. I just wanted to be there for my home town in times of need. We visited the site a couple times within a couple years after though.

My cousin is now NYPD (wasn't back then because he was too young). He patrols Wallstreet and other possible targets around Manhattan. I'm proud to have one of my family there doing what they can to help these days.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I was a senior in high school, I remember my mom telling me about it before I got in the shower. Really surreal. We went to school as usual, though, some classes were news, some classes weren't. Not that the news channels were doing any real reporting ("And this is what they looked like standing up... aaaaaand this is what they looked like falling over.")

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
I visited the site the following Spring. It didn't look right without the towers there; they were still cleaning debris from Ground Zero and making repairs to the surrounding buildings as well. I will never forget that sight. I beleive the events of that day is what prompted me to join a local fire department.

41 - 60 of 156 Posts